View Full Version : your thoughts? trying to post video for review.. mike velotta
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
08-20-2010, 02:47 PM
First things first... I like that kneebar from Twister Side Control.
Ok so here's what I noticed...
1. Whenever your in Twister Side, Pimp arm a leg so he can't knee you (mma block). Also its a good way to control the leg for when you want to collapse it towards you for the truck transition.
2. Throw in some more body triangles when you get the back.
3. Crossing the ankles behind the shoulder when you are in spider web. I notice you leave the feet open, this can lead to an escape. Cross the ankle on the leg that's over the body on top of the ankle on the leg that's over the face, behind (under) the far shoulder.
4. Your arm crush was reversed. It probably works I have just never seen it that way. Try throwing up the opposite leg and triangle, placing the right ankle behind the back of the head.
5. Base out with your hands more. I noticed when you were skydiving you never posted a hand to secure the position.
6. When you roll to truck. Roll like you mean it, really tuck and dive that shoulder.
Overall, good stuff. I wouldn't want to be in your truck.
08-20-2010, 07:33 PM
What is this review for? If this is an affiliation video it should be emailed to me and kept private
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Sir, no this is the first attempt I was making at throwing as much together as I could. I mislabeled this video, it should have said "Positions", and the video I'm sending you will be on a DVD privately. It really is just me going through the motions like a drill sequence. But I do hope for some opinions, such as what Jesse Bell posted below.
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your observations Jesse, I like your comments. Some of them were pointed toward stuff I already had in mind, like pimping the knee before twister rolling or passing to the mount, I purposely didn't do that because I was trying to cram as many moves as I could into one sequence in a limited time. When I drill these positions and transitions, I definitely take more time to set things in the right places. The student I was working with was told to just move enough, not actually defend the position, or this would have taken a LOT longer to make. I will post more stuff and get you guys to keep checking me so I can improve my technique.
08-22-2010, 03:42 PM
08-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Mike i can see you have done your homework but i do have some tips. Spend some more time on the details, In some spots your hand position is off and your not showing control in some spots. In the first part of twister side control you went to the truck, pay attention to your hands when your in the truck. Both should be on the foot, knuckles up and pointing toward your feet. Also make your spider web is tight. Have your feet crossed and hook the near leg. Learning under Herzog has deff made me realize how important the details are. So i hope this helps.
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
08-22-2010, 04:21 PM
thank you scott, i appreciate that man! will do! yeah, the hard part about all of this is, ive learned everything i know from the videos and the books. no 10th planet out here until just last month when jon helton opened 10th planet charlotte.. so now im totally psyched to go train there when i can. thanks alot dude, i will look for the details im missing.
08-22-2010, 04:21 PM
08-22-2010, 04:28 PM
last video for now. loving all the feedback.. thanks guys..
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
any other thoughts?
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
great vids mike...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.