PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz-Deep Hook, Swim Move, SpiderWeb

NelsonLucca
01-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice transition from Nick Diaz to finish with an armbar against Cyborg : )

derrick ikwueme
01-29-2011, 09:43 PM
209 Bitch, thats my dog, cyborg thinks he's crazy but he don't know crazy, lol

Brandon Mccaghren
01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
and i love the hammer fist to the stomach to open up the armbar. cyborg was turned up on his side and it made that lock so much tighter. great night for jiu jitsu with roger and jacare, too. i love strikeforce.

and who was diazing beefing with after the fight was over. somebody threw a drink in the cage at him and cesar gracie. diaz had some choice words for them afterwards. prob just some drunks, i guess.

http://i56.tinypic.com/339ugqc.jpg

Chris Herzog
01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
and i love the hammer fist to the stomach to open up the armbar. cyborg was turned up on his side and it made that lock so much tighter. great night for jiu jitsu with roger and jacare, too. i love strikeforce.

and who was diazing beefing with after the fight was over. somebody threw a drink in the cage at him and cesar gracie. diaz had some choice words for them afterwards. prob just some drunks, i guess.

http://i56.tinypic.com/339ugqc.jpg

It was Chumlee from Pawn Stars!

derrick ikwueme
01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
i bet cyborg's wife said some shit, i saw Nick say fuck you bitch to somebody

billyp
01-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Isn't that mayhem? Can't wait til Diaz puts the beatdown on him!

John Alighieri
01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Chances are Diaz will get his ass whooped by Mayhem :P

We should make a poll :)
Can we do it?

Matt "Gumby" Glach
01-29-2011, 11:20 PM
mayhem vs diaz would be grudge match of the decade for me, i hope it happens, i love how nick said he'd fight anyone... http://dontbescaredhomie.com/

billyp
01-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Mayhem hasn't really beat anyone of note since lawler in 06. He should stick to acting. He would be an awesome pro wrestler

Jonathan Wylie
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Mayhem hasn't really beat anyone of note since lawler in 06. He should stick to acting. He would be an awesome pro wrestler

This is a funny!

Scott Philips
01-30-2011, 01:25 AM
anyone have a link?

Freddy Chavez
01-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Is it still SpiderWeb if the leg isn't hooked or controlled ?

Jon Helton
01-30-2011, 06:04 AM
anyone have a link?

Check out www.mma-core.com if you ever miss fights.

NelsonLucca
01-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Is it still SpiderWeb if the leg isn't hooked or controlled ?

Initially he had leg control, that's how he threw him over. Then he gave him the gut shot to free up the armbar. There was no need for more control.

Chris Herzog
01-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Initially he had leg control, that's how he threw him over. Then he gave him the gut shot to free up the armbar. There was no need for more control.

You still want to control as much as possible, I wouldn't release the leg unless you exhausted all your resources to break the grip or transition to a diffrent attack (triangle, armcrush,etc.) There are sill escapes even when the arm free and extended.

Andrew Maxwell
01-30-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRS-UfVXBA8

Bill Keeling
01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Absolute great fucking fight!!! I was standing in middle of my living room, screaming directions, feeling those leg kicks, and loving the sweet ass finish! Nick would fuck Mayem's wannabe ass straight up! Andrew, thanks for posting the vid.

derrick ikwueme
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM

exactly Mayham needs to beat somebody worth talking about, not just some old man, after some legit wins, then Nick will be happy to put the 1's & 2's on him, also a great example of a Cesar Gracie ''black belt'' vs a MMA school black belt lol

Adam Farnsler
01-30-2011, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Brandon Mccaghren;39002]and i love the hammer fist to the stomach to open up the armbar. cyborg was turned up on his side and it made that lock so much tighter. great night for jiu jitsu with roger and jacare, too. i love strikeforce.

it said it was some white trash drunks that were yelling things at him and his corner men all fight... diaz then threw his mouth piece at them which had them throw the water bottles... which made all the diaz fans throw bottles at the white trash... funny shit...

Will Thaxton
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Nick Diaz or GSP best pound for pound...now I'm not sure. I do know Diaz is one tuff dude. He took everything Cyborg had and kept moving forward.

derrick ikwueme
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Nick Diaz or GSP best pound for pound...now I'm not sure. I do know Diaz is one tuff dude. He took everything Cyborg had and kept moving forward.

that would be a crazy fight, Nick Diaz 's boxing is sick, Jiujitsu, Top Class, Cardio through the roof, Gsp, Muy thai, wrestling, Cardio, & Good jiujitsu, not Top Class, Nick's boxing & his Guard could be the difference

NelsonLucca
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM
You still want to control as much as possible, I wouldn't release the leg unless you exhausted all your resources to break the grip or transition to a diffrent attack (triangle, armcrush,etc.) There are sill escapes even when the arm free and extended.

I stand corrected. Zog is the man.

James Davis
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
i bet cyborg's wife said some shit, i saw Nick say fuck you bitch to somebody

no...it wasn't chris cyborg...I doubt he would call her a bitch and then hug her husband. He was talking to the dudes that threw a drink on him. For the record, I think that was the best I ever seen chris cyborg look. It was sad she was so upset seeing her husband lose. Daddy Cyborg was game but that was a beautiful transition by Nick.

Ok Nick...real talk...you need to fight Semtex Daly!! Seriously...that has fight of the year written all over it. Will Nick be able to handle an elite striker?

James Davis
01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
that would be a crazy fight, Nick Diaz 's boxing is sick, Jiujitsu, Top Class, Cardio through the roof, Gsp, Muy thai, wrestling, Cardio, & Good jiujitsu, not Top Class, Nick's boxing & his Guard could be the difference

Nick Diaz's boxing is crap...he doesn't even keeps his hands up. It looked good last night because Cyborg wasn't even defending. I'll acknowledge his striking is a lot better than it has been...but that striking is just terrible. Also, I'm going to question his muay Thai...why was he not guarding up his leg for cyborgs kick...he couldn't do nothing with it. He only blocked one of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like the kid...but he has a lot of work to do before anyone starts comparing him to gsp at 170.

Will Thaxton
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Nick Diaz's boxing is crap...he doesn't even keeps his hands up. It looked good last night because Cyborg wasn't even defending. I'll acknowledge his striking is a lot better than it has been...but that striking is just terrible. Also, I'm going to question his muay Thai...why was he not guarding up his leg for cyborgs kick...he couldn't do nothing with it. He only blocked one of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like the kid...but he has a lot of work to do before anyone starts comparing him to gsp at 170.
Dude, go back and check his last 5 or 6 fights. His boxing may be unorthodox but it is sick! Just ask Frank Shamrock etc.. And he is a Gracie BB to boot!

James Davis
01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Dude, go back and check his last 5 or 6 fights. His boxing may be unorthodox but it is sick! Just ask Frank Shamrock etc.. And he is a Gracie BB to boot!

I have...I mean...you called it boxing, so I compare it to boxing...I guess by other 170 lb strikefoce mma'ers it's sick...I don't think that pawing jab and slow return to protecting his face works against anyone with traditional stand up. Unorthodox is another way to say bad. I'm not saying he sucks...so don't take it that way. But coming from a boxing background and I see folks talking about sick boxing you expect to see...I don't know...head movement, a true boxer's stance...footwork and not just arm punches. And hands at your side just makes me nauseous...If he comes at Semtex like that he will get knocked right back to the 209.

Will Thaxton
01-30-2011, 05:09 PM
KJ Noons is basicly a boxer... And a good one at that! I know what your saying but Diaz has made me a believer. He is touching somebodys face like 51%

James Davis
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
KJ Noons is basicly a boxer... And a good one at that! I know what your saying but Diaz has made me a believer. He is touching somebodys face like 51%

good point with noons. I just hope semtex wins his next fight Diaz vs. Semtex (daly) will be epic! I kind of wondered after the noons fight why diaz stayed in strikeforce. You know that Dana must've called him with GSP having no one else to fight.

Will Thaxton
01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
good point with noons. I just hope semtex wins his next fight Diaz vs. Semtex (daly) will be epic! I kind of wondered after the noons fight why diaz stayed in strikeforce. You know that Dana must've called him with GSP having no one else to fight.

Yeah hopefully it will all work out.

derrick ikwueme
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM

i never said Diaz has muy thai, i said GSP does, you sound like a typical Nick Diaz Hater to me,

Freddy Chavez
01-30-2011, 06:13 PM

Thanks that's good to know. It seems really awkward finishing the arm bar with only 1 arm, but I guess that's what drilling is for.

derrick ikwueme
01-30-2011, 06:16 PM
no...it wasn't chris cyborg...I doubt he would call her a bitch and then hug her husband. He was talking to the dudes that threw a drink on him. For the record, I think that was the best I ever seen chris cyborg look. It was sad she was so upset seeing her husband lose. Daddy Cyborg was game but that was a beautiful transition by Nick.

Ok Nick...real talk...you need to fight Semtex Daly!! Seriously...that has fight of the year written all over it. Will Nick be able to handle an elite striker?

Elite stricker, lol daily has knockout power in his left hook thats it, Elite stricker means a plethera of options, so your real question is, can Diaz beat someone with a knckout punch, well, Nick knocked out Robbie lawler in ufc, he smashed Scott smith, beat down KJ noons, uh i think that qualifies

Freddy Chavez
01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
But weight in, How many shots can Daly take from Nick ? And how many shots can Nick take from Daly ? If they go punch for punch, then I say Daly would win. But again it's barely interesting. People ask who Mayhem has beaten ? Well the same can be said for Nick. A rematch with Diego would be awesome. But right now he's a big fish in a small pond.

derrick ikwueme
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
But weight in, How many shots can Daly take from Nick ? And how many shots can Nick take from Daly ? If they go punch for punch, then I say Daly would win. But again it's barely interesting. People ask who Mayhem has beaten ? Well the same can be said for Nick. A rematch with Diego would be awesome. But right now he's a big fish in a small pond.

what ? Nick beat, robbie lawler , scott smith, kj noons, frank shamrock, cyborg & others in the ufc & strickforce, & the Diego sanches fight should have been a draw, & mayham beat sakuraba & who else?

Bill Keeling
01-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks that's good to know. It seems really awkward finishing the arm bar with only 1 arm, but I guess that's what drilling is for.

You have the option to gable grip your hands together with the leg and arm and still finish the arm bar. Eddie has been pressing this issue of being close to their legs when finishing the arm bar, and keeping the leg makes this happen.

Jonathan Wylie
01-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Elite stricker, lol daily has knockout power in his left hook thats it, Elite stricker means a plethera of options, so your real question is, can Diaz beat someone with a knckout punch, well, Nick knocked out Robbie lawler in ufc, he smashed Scott smith, beat down KJ noons, uh i think that qualifies

Science!

Freddy Chavez
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
what ? Nick beat, robbie lawler , scott smith, kj noons, frank shamrock, cyborg & others in the ufc & strickforce, & the Diego sanches fight should have been a draw, & mayham beat sakuraba & who else?

Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? Who gave Scott Smith a chance against Diaz anyways ? Obviously Nick wasn't going to have the conditioning problems Cung Lee did. And does anybody really think Frank Shamrock was a big test for Diaz or Sakuraba a big test for Mayhem ? And you think the Diego fight should have been a draw ? Well that's your opinion, but the only opinions that mattered were the 3 judges of the fight. But that's why I would pay to see a rematch since they are Both much better than they were.

Dartangan Jackson
01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
It was a great fight. I have a new respect for him. Mayhem needs to beat someone first. Gsp completely dominated him at UFC 52. It was GSP the whole fight. So i dont think Mayhem is up to par yet. GSP would on the other hand be a whole different story. I wouldnt mind watching a GSP Diaz fight. My bet is still on GSP but it would be great.

Dartangan Jackson
01-30-2011, 11:31 PM
And if you havent seen the GSP Mayhem fight

http://www.viddler.com/explore/mberam9375/videos/4/

Eddie is talks about it at the end.

James Davis
01-31-2011, 12:15 AM

Well I guess if people are saying that Nick has sick boxing then daly qualifies as elite as nick can't even hold a proper boxing stance and arm punches. Having a great left hook is something that most right hand mma'ers are susceptible too. Why? Because it seems that the boxing defense is so week. A fighter with a good left jab and hook finds his target all day. Nick Diaz, holding his arms at his side running his mouth will be on a stretcher if he does that with daly. Period. He took a ton of punches to the dome last night. He didn't even try to defend. Now it could just be because he knew Cyborg couldn't hurt him.

derrick ikwueme
01-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? Who gave Scott Smith a chance against Diaz anyways ? Obviously Nick wasn't going to have the conditioning problems Cung Lee did. And does anybody really think Frank Shamrock was a big test for Diaz or Sakuraba a big test for Mayhem ? And you think the Diego fight should have been a draw ? Well that's your opinion, but the only opinions that mattered were the 3 judges of the fight. But that's why I would pay to see a rematch since they are Both much better than they were.

you mentioned multiple names when talking about Diaz fight's, & just sakuraba over & over when talking about mayham, thats my point numbers don't lie

derrick ikwueme
01-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Well I guess if people are saying that Nick has sick boxing then daly qualifies as elite as nick can't even hold a proper boxing stance and arm punches. Having a great left hook is something that most right hand mma'ers are susceptible too. Why? Because it seems that the boxing defense is so week. A fighter with a good left jab and hook finds his target all day. Nick Diaz, holding his arms at his side running his mouth will be on a stretcher if he does that with daly. Period. He took a ton of punches to the dome last night. He didn't even try to defend. Now it could just be because he knew Cyborg couldn't hurt him.

you can't have a traditional boxing stance in MMA due to legkicks, as you saw, & if you close the distance to negate the legkicks & work the 1's & 2's & break the opposition's nose & confidence thats called smart fighting, you don't like him dropping his hands & '' Running his Mouth '' let Nick be Nick, thers a nice GI guard called Torreando, the bullfighter,

Freddy Chavez
01-31-2011, 05:08 AM
you mentioned multiple names when talking about Diaz fight's, & just sakuraba over & over when talking about mayham, thats my point numbers don't lie

Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? How do you think Mayhem would do against opponents he's favored against ? Similar success as Diaz maybe ?

derrick ikwueme
01-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes or No . Do you think Nick Diaz is a big fish in a small pond ? How do you think Mayhem would do against opponents he's favored against ? Similar success as Diaz maybe ?

again , you can't compare Diaz to Mayham, because mayham doesn't fight anybody, not to mention Diaz kicks ass in Japan too, your so concerned with Nick cleaning out the pond, when Dana won't bring Nick back to ufc, meanwhile Mayham, doesn't even have a ''Puddle'' to clean out, dude be logical!

Brandon Palmer
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Two things,

1. Diaz v. Mayhem would be one hell of a fight!

2. I think Diaz would give GSP on hell of a go...the only thing that would hurt him, is the fact that GSP likely could and would take him down at will.

Brandon Palmer
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Looks like Diaz was thinkin flower sweep worst case, and armbar best case...he got best case.

And +1 for controlling the leg, not that i'm in a position to criticize St. Nick. ;)

James Davis
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
you can't have a traditional boxing stance in MMA due to legkicks, as you saw, & if you close the distance to negate the legkicks & work the 1's & 2's & break the opposition's nose & confidence thats called smart fighting, you don't like him dropping his hands & '' Running his Mouth '' let Nick be Nick, thers a nice GI guard called Torreando, the bullfighter,

Semtex keeps his hands up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5vTYRYvdI

lol...hey...if it works...we'll see. If Daley wins his next fight he gets Diaz. I will get my answer. Absorbing punches with your face is going to eventually get you knocked out. Dropping your hands and running your mouth is a good way to get your Jaw Broken. I'm not hating on Diaz. I am just submitting that the guy doesn't have SICK boxing as someone suggested. He has effective boxing. It looks terrible, but it is obviously effective.

This is why boxers keep thinking they can become MMA'ers. They see the terrible stand up being displayed and think...hey..as long as I don't get taken down, I'll knock one of these guys out. GSP just showed Kosheck (who allegedly had elite striking) what happens when you truly have good stand up. Now, I think we might be able to assume that Cyborg wasn't hurting Diaz and that's probably why he just took the punches. I'm curious to see what Nick does whenhe gets hit. We see how different Frankie Edgar is when rocked. It happens to all fighters eventually.

But really, the biggest problem most people have with Diaz is that he isn't in the UFC so you can always say he is fighting bums and rejects. I think he is legit, I am just talking about a weakness in his game. I also question strikeforce's match making sometimes. I don't get how the title picture works as the selection of cyborg just seemed kind of odd.

Nate Hollyfield
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
I also question strikeforce's match making sometimes. I don't get how the title picture works as the selection of cyborg just seemed kind of odd.

Thats always something that has made me curious, I mean, a fighter who is well known and doing well (Dan Henderson for instance) coming in and getting a title shot makes sense. But sometimes it just seems like they draw names out of a hat. Not always, but sometimes...

derrick ikwueme
01-31-2011, 03:20 PM
that someone is me, I suggest that Nick has sick boxing because he does, & again he's not in range when he drops his hands & it's easy to be a ''Armchair '' athlete / critic, from home, but none of us have any right to criticise athletes if we don't compete ourselves. sorry but you sound like a ''Armchair'' athlete / critic,