PDA

View Full Version : What is this guys deal?

Chris Leavelle
02-04-2011, 08:26 PM
What does he have against RG? He is preaching these half ass techniques that wouldnt work on me and I suck. If he is a black belt he has to know that these videos he keeps making are garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0-cad-QM0

OmyPlata
02-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I havent seen any of his videos, but obviousssly not a black belt. He didnt seem like a total quack though, makes me wonder if head/arm chokes are viable options against someone my own level.

Against someone more advanced then myself a sweep would probably be imminent, but if given enough time in someone's guard without a serious threat, can it be pulled off?

Scott Philips
02-04-2011, 08:34 PM
It is really easy to break out of an inexperienced rubberguard. I'd love to take him trough mine and see if that flew.?

Chris Leavelle
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Nevermind, I searched this guys name on our forum and he's just a disgruntle 10th Planet Hater. I wont waste any more of my time looking at any video's this guy posts.

Jarrad Mckay
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
this grappling dummy was going straight to new york anyway.

Jonathan Wylie
02-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I havent seen any of his videos, but obviousssly not a black belt. He didnt seem like a total quack though, makes me wonder if head/arm chokes are viable options against someone my own level.

Against someone more advanced then myself a sweep would probably be imminent, but if given enough time in someone's guard without a serious threat, can it be pulled off?

He is a legit bb and I beleive he even won pan am gold so I guess its not that obvioussss is it?

Jonathan Wylie
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
It is really easy to break out of an inexperienced rubberguard. I'd love to take him trough mine and see if that flew.?

The guy is a douche and his videos are pretty questionable but he is a bb and to think he would do anything less than blow through your gaurd is a little naive. Sorry Bro but it makes you look just as bad to say stuff like that.

einstein
02-04-2011, 10:08 PM
just posted on that youtube page. game on

John Alighieri
02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Primola is on fire!
Give him a week or two and he might publish an "anti 10th planet jiu jitsu DVD"

Jonathan Wylie
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Grapplers Quest super fight!

bobby rivers
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
The guy is a douche and his videos are pretty questionable but he is a bb and to think he would do anything less than blow through your gaurd is a little naive. Sorry Bro but it makes you look just as bad to say stuff like that.

Me: Scott, you need a gameplan if you can't get it to the ground.
Scott: Fuckit, im go-go'n him!
Me: Sooner or later its gonna get shut down. Then what?
Scott: Im go-go'n him.

I looked in his eye and saw no lie or doubt. He's won all but one tourney he's entered. So im like fuckit. Go-go him. True he's never tapped a black belt, but you gotta believe. Right?

bobby rivers
02-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Bless you.

stlnl
02-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I wonder why that guy posts some of that stuff. There are obviously some good counters/passes to RG out there (as there are to every technique/position) but some of that stuff....is really flat out silly.

Jonathan Wylie
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Me: Scott, you need a gameplan if you can't get it to the ground.
Scott: Fuckit, im go-go'n him!
Me: Sooner or later its gonna get shut down. Then what?
Scott: Im go-go'n him.

I looked in his eye and saw no lie or doubt. He's won all but one tourney he's entered. So im like fuckit. Go-go him. True he's never tapped a black belt, but you gotta believe. Right?

lol do I beleive hes a tough whight belt yes do I beleive he is a phenom, sure if you say so Bobby! lol but do I believe his guard has anything to offer a College wrestler with a bb in jiu jitsu who won pan am gold..... Sorry No. But Im sure he's a cool dude and would crush Ken Primola in a personality contest. Im just being realistic. What you have to remember is just because you are a legit bb in bjj doesn't mean you are a good teacher or that you have a great personatlity. Which seems to be the case with Primola.

bobby rivers
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM
LOl @ phenom. He knows better, we all do. Lets just say confident. The video would look a lot different if he was in Scott's rg is all he was sayin. And he's right.

Ehsan_Karam
02-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Head and arm from top guard will get you swept urrrrtime against anyone worth a fuck.

travis
02-05-2011, 12:51 AM
FUCK MY LIFE! First and foremost, why the fuck am i not asleep; it's 244 on the east coast.
Secondly, i just saw this dude the other day in some clip, can't remember if it was here or another thread, and he did a bad version of the calf crank out of the twister roll set up.
Third, what he is talking about in this clip has nothing to really do with the rubber guard because doing a head and arm choke from inside someone's guard should be about as effective as trying to choke someone while gripping their foot really tightly; this guy knows this. To avoid his proposed head and arm, extend your legs from the closed guard. Or, if they are doing a bad job of their rubber guard, his opponent needs to close their guard and then extend their legs.
I found it amusing that that the other defense for the head and arm choke is described by God only through audio and not vocalized by anyone; the telephone at the end. Thanks God for chiming in on Ken Primo!

bobby rivers
02-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Take it easy on yourself. Its friday.

travis
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Eh! I'll have to wake up with the kid in about four hours, can't wait! Thanks though!

bobby rivers
02-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Cheers insomnia. (switches on vape, chugz nyquil, sighs)

Nabil Salameh
02-05-2011, 02:02 AM

Just saw your post, is that guy for real? damn

Ryan Drexler
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I think this guy (ken primola) was talked about on a early thread hating on 10 planet.

Scott Philips
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Not saying I could tap him or have superior skill. Just saying its easy to blow through a grappling dummy. I actually have experience using rubberguard effectively on collegiate wrestlers and guarantee the outcome might not be favorable for me but it won't go down as pathetic as he made it seem. When he posted such a silly video, he opened himself up for all sorts of comments. Getem Einstein

RobSchwartz
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
"It's been working for me" - Ken Primola
Probably because you've been rolling with guys who suck. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone halfway decent get subbed from closed guard bottom by someone in their same weight class.

Bill Keeling
02-05-2011, 12:30 PM

He will only run his mouth, dicktuck, and back down. I have already tried....

NelsonLucca
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM

Lol
Go get him Einstein

NelsonLucca
02-05-2011, 12:51 PM
I think I just vomit in my mouth a little.

VJ Bella
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
"It's been working for me" - Ken Primola
Probably because you've been rolling with guys who suck. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone halfway decent get subbed from closed guard bottom by someone in their same weight class.

As stated before, Ken is actually a very stong black belt. I have seen him do a few superfights and he has very good wrestling...mixed in with good solid basics type jitz. That being said...there is more that meets the eye with this one. Kens school is in the same general area as 10th Planet Bear DE, so my opinion is that Ken is trying to disprove the system (and thus keep his students and attract more). He is clearly attempting to pick apart 10th planet techniques. You can see that his students (who i know and have sparred with and all purple belts) are not familiar with how to properly do the techniques. His students are good jitz guys...10th planet techs just aren't in their vocabulary.

So while these techniques may work on guys who dont practice the system...i can pretty much guarantee that Ken has not sparred with any true rubber guard\lockdown players who practice the system on a regular basis (and do it correctly). Having trained at 6 different schools over the last 5 years I pretty much know everyone in the jitz community on the East Coast. The only guys in this area that do it right are the 10th planet Bear guys...and i dont think any of them have sparred with Ken.

Mike Noronowicz
02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
is this another guy that got a "honorary "black belt ???

VJ Bella
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
no...kens a legit BB...whether you think he is a good teacher or production manager is clearly up for debate though :)

travis
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I decided to look at a Ken Primola match on the youtube; it's him v. Mike Flower in Philidelphia, Daddis, 2009. Here is what one individual commented on:
Ken Primola is a funny guy. It's amazing how easily he gets pissed at people saying anything negative. His temperament is like that of a child. Plus he looks like a baboon.

John Alighieri
02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
oh come on man! baboon looking people have feelings too lol
Don't get me wrong it doesn't change the fact that his videos are fucking terrible and that he should stick with what he knows instead of trying to appear like a "legit 10th planet jj buster"

travis
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, i looked at his site on youtube, the next video i watched was a fucking thriller. it read, training with the opposite sex, or something to that effect. Ken Primola then went on to dictate the much with the enthusiasm of a morgue. Ughhhhhhhh, is how i feel now having watched a couple minutes of it. What ever his intention in is, Bruce Buffer does not have to worry about Ken taking over his job.

travis
02-05-2011, 03:47 PM
above was supposed to read, "Ken Primola then went on to dicatate the match..."
my bad!

Tommy Capello
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Honestly Guys, NOBODY on this forum besides Eddie and maybe Denny Prokopos can submit Ken Primola. Granted, Einstein MIGHT be able to cause him some trouble with the Rubber Guard, but I highly doubt he would finish him. If you have ever rolled with someone who is alot better than you, it is extremely hard to ESTABLISH the Rubber Guard let alone FINISH the guy.

Jonathan Wylie
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Honestly Guys, NOBODY on this forum besides Eddie and maybe Denny Prokopos can submit Ken Primola. Granted, Einstein MIGHT be able to cause him some trouble with the Rubber Guard, but I highly doubt he would finish him. If you have ever rolled with someone who is alot better than you, it is extremely hard to ESTABLISH the Rubber Guard let alone FINISH the guy.

Einstein could submit Ken. You dont think Vinny Magalhaes could submit him? hahahahahahahah....(breath)hahahahah.
Hell I would give Alder Hampel a good chance.

Bill Keeling
02-05-2011, 11:03 PM

He backed down from a 10th Planet Purple Belt that is 15 min away. But you are right no one here could submit him.... Honestly I've heard the answer about this guy. From him, so really, I think we should ignore his lame ass attempts at bashing us. Shoo fly ;) You have been measured and weighed.... And found lacking! Maybe he should listen to Eddie's new song? I tried to be open and professional, but he wants to act like a child. Just like mentioned in a post earlier. Hit the nail on the head. So move along, nothing to see here. "These are not the droids you are looking for" (waves hand) :)

Tommy Capello
02-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Einstein could submit Ken. You dont think Vinny Magalhaes could submit him? hahahahahahahah....(breath)hahahahah.
Hell I would give Alder Hampel a good chance.

OH, I didnt realize Vinny was a member of the forums, he can tap him

einstein
02-06-2011, 01:30 AM
well if tommy says it then it must be true. can you please let me know what else i can and cant do?

Pete Daly
02-06-2011, 04:36 AM
OH, I didnt realize Vinny was a member of the forums, he can tap him

Just... cut your losses and move on.

Ryan Drexler
02-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Just... cut your losses and move on.

I agree, tommy thinks he a good judge of einstein bjj. I think tommy need to get a clue.

Chris Herzog
02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Lol

Karim Graham
02-06-2011, 10:00 AM
einstein, i think maybe hes stalking you....

einstein
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
tommy is entitled to a baseless opinion. it is the internet. either way im not challenging the guy who post those videos to a match.i am challenging him to learn what we do properly then look to deconstruct it. i could use the tips.

Chris Leavelle
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Im not saying this dude ken is garbage im saying the lame as techniques he is posting on the internet are pathetic. If youve done Jiu Jitsu for a month you know the shit he is posting will not work.

@tommy...WTF dude? You think Eddie give's out Black Belts just cause? I would bet money that any 10th Planet Black Belt could handle them selfs well versus any one in the world. If you dont belive that maybe you need to go train with ken.