PDA

View Full Version : Bones vs. Shogun? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!

James Davis
02-05-2011, 09:45 PM
That's going to be a hell of a fight....but that might be a little early for Bones...hop it's not too soon.

That said...dude just beat down dominated and choked out bader like it was a seminar...or a clinic

Karim Graham
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
woah, wheres the spoiler warning man lol
not that i needed it. but others might.
shogun will most likely win though, unless jones gets a sneaky shot.
he needs more experience really.

Emir Mehovic
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
jones is gonna win

DENNY PROKOPOS
02-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Jones looked great tonight. I think he will do really well in the shogun fight. I don't know about the out come, but I am pumped for that fight.

Chris Leavelle
02-05-2011, 11:54 PM
This morning I was watching the MTS where eddie
Goes over that guillotine from side control what a
Sick technique.

Jeff V
02-06-2011, 07:06 AM
I like this fight a bunch. I think that Jon Jones wrestling is going to give him a big advantage against Shogun. Plus he is gigantic. I couldn't believe how small he made Shogun look.

Scott Yockel
02-06-2011, 08:30 AM
sorry i'm not a jones fan at all. I was shocked Bader was so flat last night, but I would love to see Shogun but a hurting on him!

Jonathan Wylie
02-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I think Jones has a good chance at Shogun. It should be a good fight.

Jack LaBarge
02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Jones will win easily. I remember the last time Shogun came back from knee surgery.He was terrible, Forrest owned him! You see this all the time with top athletes Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Shogun etc. Its going to take time before Shogun is fighting at 100%, that's why I think Jones will dominate Shogun.

Nate Hollyfield
02-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I dont know, Shoguns leg kicks will put some hurt on those chicken legs haha

einstein
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
bones. my first black hero well larange is but hes brasilian guy not black guy

James Davis
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
bones. my first black hero well larange is but hes brasilian guy not black guy

that guy..that black guy...he look like a silver spoons...

RichardC
02-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Even though Jones' MT is super creative, I think overall Shogun has the advantage there. And I would say that Jones will kill if it hits the ground, but Shogun has shown some high-level skills on the ground before. He likes the kneebar for sure. Hard fight for me to call.

Daniel Patrick
02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Jones has like 9 inches of reach on Shogun and three inches of height. Shogun looked small standing next to Jones. Jones is going to take the belt with style.

James Davis
02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
all depends on shogun's knee....I think Bones has a training advantage as he was mirroring shogun for rashad. It really helps if your camp-mate was training to face the guy you get to fight...

Riccosantana
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Jones is going to kill that nigga s@m

Chris Urbanski
02-06-2011, 01:44 PM
sorry i'm not a jones fan at all. I was shocked Bader was so flat last night, but I would love to see Shogun but a hurting on him!

I was psyched to be going to UFC 128 and now I am REALLY excited. I would much rather see Jones vs Rua than Rashad.

Mike Nall
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
The fact that Jones never even trained the Prayer Guillotine is amazing. He "saw" GSP do it a few days before the fight. The transition from Darce to Marcelo Guillotine to Prayer Guillotine was really beautiful to watch.

Jones talking about him not training the move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuAUG5_rahw

Clinton lawrence
02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
ttt to emc=2

and shit yeah bones vs shogun is a much better fight from a fans pov

RobSchwartz
02-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Heard that Vegas has Jones as an early favorite for this fight. Interesting.

Nate Hollyfield
02-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Heard that Vegas has Jones as an early favorite for this fight. Interesting.

yeah just read that... I love Jon Jones, despite the fact that Shogun is dangerous, Jones is on a roll, and he is going to show some crazy skills... I hope Jones wins.

AndyK5
02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I have watched almost every televised or dvd relased mma match for the last 20 years and I have not seen anything like Jones before. Also Jones at 22 is more impressive than Shogun when he was 23 and was built up as the best LHW in the world. My gut says Jones is gonna win.

Will Thaxton
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
he looked like he was about a foot taller to me.
Jones has like 9 inches of reach on Shogun and three inches of height. Shogun looked small standing next to Jones. Jones is going to take the belt with style.

Jonathan Wylie
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I have watched almost every televised or dvd relased mma match for the last 20 years and I have not seen anything like Jones before. Also Jones at 22 is more impressive than Shogun when he was 23 and was built up as the best LHW in the world. My gut says Jones is gonna win.

Jones is 23.

Stephan Pepin
02-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Jones will beat shogun. Although Anderson Silva is one of the greatest fighters and had a spectacular finish last night I believe Jones would beat Silva. WHAT A GOOD NIGHT!

NelsonLucca
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
It will be a good fight. I'll be pulling for Rua but Jones looked like the new champ in the Bader fight.

Kevin Sparks
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I think people are riding the high of Jone's victory & forgetting about the 1 thing that makes Shogun such a special fighter. Shogun finds ways to win fights. I believe that 205lbs Overeem would beat Jones personally. The thing that Shogun does great is that he always finds a way to win. No one thought Shogun had a chance in his fight with Overeem. Overeem had great takedown defense & Shogun still managed to get the fight to the ground & he did it again in the rematch. No one thought Shogun had a chance against Machida in their first fight & after the fight, many people thought that he won & he then won the rematch by dramatic fashion.

Shogun defeated Little Nog even after he got blasted with one of the hardest shots that I've ever seen. Shogun defeated Chuck Liddell & many people thought he would lose that fight after his close fight with Coleman. Shogun defeated a dangerous Rampage in Pride. Shogun has lost of skills but the 1 thing that makes him different then the rest is that he always finds ways to win fights. Very Similar to how Fedor always found ways to win fights. (Until Werdum :D)

Jack LaBarge
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I think people are riding the high of Jone's victory & forgetting about the 1 thing that makes Shogun such a special fighter. Shogun finds ways to win fights. I believe that 205lbs Overeem would beat Jones personally. The thing that Shogun does great is that he always finds a way to win. No one thought Shogun had a chance in his fight with Overeem. Overeem had great takedown defense & Shogun still managed to get the fight to the ground & he did it again in the rematch. No one thought Shogun had a chance against Machida in their first fight & after the fight, many people thought that he won & he then won the rematch by dramatic fashion.

Shogun defeated Little Nog even after he got blasted with one of the hardest shots that I've ever seen. Shogun defeated Chuck Liddell & many people thought he would lose that fight after his close fight with Coleman. Shogun defeated a dangerous Rampage in Pride. Shogun has lost of skills but the 1 thing that makes him different then the rest is that he always finds ways to win fights. Very Similar to how Fedor always found ways to win fights. (Until Werdum :D)

Here's the facts!!!! Shogun is coming back from another knee surgery. He will NOT be 100%. The people on this thread thinking Shogun will win are being naive! (Of course he's got a puncher's chance.) I'm seeing a lot of talk about Shogun's greatness, which is when he's at 100% that's not the person were going to see against Jones. Were going to see the Shogun from the last knee surgery...barely surviving a totally gassed old Mark Colman. The guy who was owned by Forrest G. Plus you got to think about ring rust which is real, almost a year or more from his last fight. Elite athletes do NOT come back from knee surgery and continue to dominate at the highest level. It will take about 3 to 4 fights with NO Complications before he's 100% if he ever gets back!! Jones will destroy Shogun!!!!!!!!

Tim Elliott
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I think as the talent pool at the top of each division deepens with the growth of MMA, you will see less Anderson Silvas. There wont be one guy way out there ahead of the field. Instead you will see a group of elite fighters whos skill sets interact in a certain way. It will be like rock paper scissors. Fighter A will dominate fighter B who will dominate fighter C, but fighter C will beat fighter A. It wont be whos miles ahead, but how does my tool box work against your tool box. I think you already see that in some weight brackets.

Harry Evans
02-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Shogun is going off right now at +155. I never bet, even though I consistently pick the odds that have the best value, but I already put money down, and if it goes up even more, I'm putting more. Whether or not you think Jones will win, he is not over 3:2.

I think Jones is amazing. He should hold the title in a few years. But Shogun has been honing his game for years. He has adjusted to the octagon, and he no longer is the charging brawler he once was. He uses great game plans (as in both Machida fights, where he clearly knew what to expect and trained accordingly), and has experience in more situations, including titles, long matches, and different opponents. There are reports of him breaking the steel frames for heavy bags with his kicks at Chute Boxe. Shogun is legit on the ground - though he is admittedly no grappling champion - and his Muay Thai is on a way higher level than anyone gives him credit. Search online for the video of him sparring with Junior Dos Santos. Rua is one of those guys that see strikes and openings way ahead of time, like Anderson Silva. I say Shogun by 3rd Round TKO. Jones will be the champion someday whether I am right or wrong.

Jonah Kaimuloa
02-07-2011, 02:19 AM
The fact that Jones never even trained the Prayer Guillotine is amazing. He "saw" GSP do it a few days before the fight. The transition from Darce to Marcelo Guillotine to Prayer Guillotine was really beautiful to watch.

Jones talking about him not training the move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuAUG5_rahw

I wasn't a Jones fan, but I'm slowly working up to it. This guy is super talented and to think that he pulled off a move(even though, not that technical) that he was watching someone else do, is pretty impressive. It's a toss up for me. Jones or Rua, doesn't matter. I just want to see a bad ass fight.

Tim Elliott
02-07-2011, 03:37 AM
Shogun. Shogun has the best Muay Thai in MMA.

Daniel Patrick
02-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Shogun. Shogun has the best Muay Thai in MMA.

How is his take down defense? Wrestling?

richardzehr
02-07-2011, 05:29 AM
if Jones can whip him through the air with the double under hooks that will be /fight. otherwise Shogun probably gots it