PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Thiago Silva out, Rashad vs. Rampage II at UFC 130

JordanSilva
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
It appears that while Quinton “Rampage” Jackson won’t get a title shot, he will get a second fight against a former champion.

Sources have indicated to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday that Thiago Silva has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming fight at UFC 130, and will be replaced by former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans.

Neither Evan’s co-manager Malki Kawa or Jackson’s representatives could be reached for comment, but sources close to the bout confirmed that it will be Evans that steps into the UFC 130 fight.

Read entire article: http://mmaweekly.com/rashad-evans-steps-in-to-face-quinton-rampage-jackson-at-ufc-130

James Davis
02-09-2011, 01:13 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! My money's on Rampage!!!

I take it back...until rampage is willing to take someone down he's a 1 trick pony now...like Joe Rogan said...he's boxing and everyone else is doing MMA.

James O'Brien II
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Hmm. Good to see that knee injury won't have Rashaad sidelined for as long as he anticipated (Aquaman!)

Jason Hyatt
02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! My money's on Rampage!!!

I take it back...until rampage is willing to take someone down he's a 1 trick pony now...like Joe Rogan said...he's boxing and everyone else is doing MMA.

I seem to remember something from TUF... Rampage talking with his coaches and being frustrated with his fighters and saying something like "they don't need to learn all this fancy crap; jiu jitsu and stuff." I'm paraphrasing badly, but I remember thinking "Uh, it's MMA. You HAVE to have at least some ground game!" I thought Rampage had a pretty decent wrestling base, doesn't he? Has he really just never bothered to develop a submission game?

Dartangan Jackson
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Rampage does have some pretty decent Jiu jitsu he just doesnt use it because he focuses on his stand up ALOT more. And he can power out of most submission attempts on him.

Dartangan Jackson
02-09-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJAj-Zbu9c

Example 1

James Davis
02-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Rampage's take down and escapes and power is so good he really doesn't use it much. I believe he has the best takedown defense of any LHW ever. You have a very hard time getting him off of his feet and when you do, he just powers you off. The only thing is that in this current era, LHW guys are coming up that can match his strength and are faster them him. Rashad has very quick hands. That said, Machida knocked Rashad out and couldn't do much with Rampage. Rampage was covered in ring rust during the rashad fight. I think they both still have something to prove.

Rampage has power and skill....however, his gameplanning has really sucked and it seems like he is relying too much on his elite striking. He's going to have to put something else on the table as I have no desire to see people run from them hands for 3 rounds.

James Davis
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Hmm. Good to see that knee injury won't have Rashaad sidelined for as long as he anticipated (Aquaman!)

the fight is may 28th homie...that's like 3 and a half months away...he knew he was only going to be out a couple of months.