PDA

View Full Version : Judo??

Karim Graham
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
hey guys, my college have started doing free judo lessons at lunch time every thursday, weve got some black belt guy who seems like a decent guy, and by the ways and ease of he threw me despite being much lighter than me he seems to be pretty good too. i could either get a good sweat on and work my strength and conditioning in the gym or spend the time doing judo. im probably gonna stick with the judo, and hope not many people turn up in the future cos its much nicer with only a few guys (its like free privates with a black belt lol) never done anything judo related in my life, so any thoughts about it or how it can help me would be nice thanks

Karim Graham
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
and also, any tips from people with experience would be great thank you :D

Scott Yockel
02-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Take the Judo lessons!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Herzog
02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Really practice your ukemi-waza(breakfall techniques), your body will appreciate it!

Sarah-Jane & Del Christie
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
@Karim, I was part of the Essex Squad for Judo, my Father is a 2nd Dan and my coach and some of the others trained Judo for years one at the Budokwai London, do it, it will only help improve your skillset and add to your arsenal :)

Matthew Stuart
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Go for the judo, Karim. It'll help you learn how your opponent moves, and you'll be able to keep track of him when you're on the ground. The hardest part will be resisting the temptation to use all the beautiful leg locks and neck cranks that jiu jitsu had to offer.

Mike Dewitt Jr
02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I wish I knew someone proficient in judo near me.

Dwight Roux
02-10-2011, 09:19 PM
buy karo's book

Lindsey Loewen
02-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Really practice your ukemi-waza(breakfall techniques), your body will appreciate it!

Know this prior to SHATTERING your ankle like me!

AJ Camacho
02-11-2011, 07:47 AM

Definitely.

Breakfalls are one of the few things you can practice alone. The faster you get good at them the more reps you can handle and the better you'll get at Judo.

Aab
02-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Yes i agree. learning to break fall properly will take all the pain away. not falling right can really fucking injure you.