PDA

View Full Version : Seagal smokes rocks?

DENNY PROKOPOS
09-25-2011, 07:01 AM
http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/steven-seagal-ufc-135-post-fight-interview/1180524709001

Chris Herzog
09-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Turd.

bobby rivers
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
It's a scary thought. But he might be sober. Probly some sort of pill cocktail though.

Jason Hyatt
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Can I just say how much I like Ariel Helwani as an interviewer? The dude is always on his game. He can be gracious and pointed at the same time. He chases down an answer even when his subject is dodging (or in this case, out of his mind... ...maybe it was the altitude? ;) ) but he does it in such a respectful way that he never, ever comes across as a dick. Classy guy interviewing the class clown.

Tyler Timmermans
09-25-2011, 11:56 AM
wait to Seagal teaches Jones the front kick everybodies going down.

T.Benjamin
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Don't you know that Seagal thought all mma fighters everything. Trololol.

Tyler Timmermans
09-25-2011, 12:59 PM
but seriously it is sad Seagal became a joke in the martial arts world because he is a pretty bad ass guy. he moved to Japan at 16 to learn akido, he plays blues guitar, and is a cop/ action star.

Compella
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/steven-seagal-Pee-pants-madison.jpg

http://www.bullshido.net/images/features/baotm/lebell-seagal.jpg

Chris Herzog
09-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Gene is 1000X the martial artist Seagal is!

J Grooms
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Seagal is such a scumbag

derrick ikwueme
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
segal always tries to act like he's everyones mentor, but it always dudes who are at the top, why not mentor a up & commer & build his own student, i love how jon jones dissed him & was like no you can't come to my locker room, i have my own trainers who work hard & i don't want to disrespect them by bringing in another master

derrick ikwueme
09-25-2011, 05:00 PM
he dissed joe rogan, saying he's a fighter & joe isn't, does he know that joe has more real taekwon do fights vs his movie fights ?

Enrique "Kiko"
09-25-2011, 05:17 PM
he dissed joe rogan, saying he's a fighter & joe isn't, does he know that joe has more real taekwon do fights vs his movie fights ?

I'd love to see Rogan vs Seagal on a special UFC card. Let's make it happen Dana!

Enrique "Kiko"
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRK0rNnK-Y

Jeff V
09-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Funny how he says he is a fighter. Absolutely hilarious. Steven choreographed fights don't count.

bobby rivers
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
"I've fought my whole life" Produce one shred of evidance other than your word. One vid.

The kza
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
he got choked out by gene lebell, that counts as a fight

Tyler Timmermans
09-25-2011, 09:35 PM
regardless still teaches a good front kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIYAh3dQyk&feature=related

FRANK BARCA
09-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Steven Fucking Seagal.............oh please!!

Enrique "Kiko"
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Steven Seagal vs Kiai Master.

Taking bets.

Enrique "Kiko"
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Steven Seagal taught both of these fighters how to fight.

http://movieclips.com/wcsXB-kung-pow-enter-the-fist-movie-cow-fight/

AJ Camacho
09-26-2011, 11:34 AM
What a kook. The douche bag gets incensed because a reporter is trying to get him to explain "why" he thinks what he does. Talk about pretentious.

Jonathan Wylie
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Im always the first to jump on a seagal thread and start bashing him looks like im late to the party.

Jonathan Wylie
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Unfortuinatly we are being kind of disrespectful though. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the guy the only reason I say it is one of the moon instructors(I can't remember which one) trained under him and apparently respects the guy.

Jonathan Wylie
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Can I just say how much I like Ariel Helwani as an interviewer? The dude is always on his game. He can be gracious and pointed at the same time. He chases down an answer even when his subject is dodging (or in this case, out of his mind... ...maybe it was the altitude? ;) ) but he does it in such a respectful way that he never, ever comes across as a dick. Classy guy interviewing the class clown.

agreed

Jonathan Wylie
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Gene is 1000X the martial artist Seagal is!

agreed

The kza
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
well, all I know is he would fuck everyone in this thread up

Tyler Timmermans
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM
i don't think its just steven seagal i think all aikido is bullshit. has anybody seen aikido used effectively, because i sure in fuck haven't.

AJ Camacho
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM

I don't know, how good is Steven's sprawl?

Chris Herzog
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM

LOL, no.

Tyler Timmermans
09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
bruce lee can still kick his ass.

John Sheridan
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
My friend has a black belt in Aikido and he's the one who told me to get into Jiu-Jitsu. He knows Segal and says the guy's a jerk. And if Segal is on the rock he needs to smoke some more because you can tell he's still fat under all them baggy untucked shirts he always wears. ChokeUL8r

The kza
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
LOL, no.

it was kinda funny right? I mean he did choke out gene lebell, oh wa-

Stewart Landry
09-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see Joe Rogan vs. Steven Seagal. Seagal insinuated that he knows more about MMA and martial arts than Joe, so I say lets have a celebrity match lol

The kza
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotEBSPnz-4

The kza
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuqpR7BK3M0&feature=related

JoeO'Laughlin
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
..fighter your whole life ??? WHen ?? a martial artist i will give him that. did i miss some footage of him actually fighting somewhere along with the real big foot footage and the missing grassy knoll pictures

JonScottND
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Unfortuinatly we are being kind of disrespectful though. Don't get me wrong I can't stand the guy the only reason I say it is one of the moon instructors(I can't remember which one) trained under him and apparently respects the guy.

I don't believe it was a moon instructor, more so a person attempting to become/use 10th planets affiliation. This is no longer the case as he turned out to be as much talk as Segal.

Tyler Timmermans
09-26-2011, 09:01 PM
don't hate cause you don't have healing powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a_-g-6kvk&feature=related

Enrique "Kiko"
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
What do you think of a matchup with this kid for Seagal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oe-jBlgOE8&feature=related

Ari Bolden
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Seagal aside, there are numerous techniques in aikido that are great. It all depends on the medium you use them in. Will all aikido techniques work all the time in a real fight? Nope. Will all 10th Planet? Nope.

If Eddie has taught any of you anything, its think outside the box. I pulled two aikido techniques and adapted them really well to my 10th Planet game (the Soviet and the Overdown Lock).

I've always look at my martial arts training as "each one has strengths in certain areas".

The problem is that people equate the art with Seagal. Its much more than him and his 'interviews'.

Tyler Timmermans
09-27-2011, 05:12 AM
Seagal aside, there are numerous techniques in aikido that are great. It all depends on the medium you use them in. Will all aikido techniques work all the time in a real fight? Nope. Will all 10th Planet? Nope.

If Eddie has taught any of you anything, its think outside the box. I pulled two aikido techniques and adapted them really well to my 10th Planet game (the Soviet and the Overdown Lock).

I've always look at my martial arts training as "each one has strengths in certain areas".

The problem is that people equate the art with Seagal. Its much more than him and his 'interviews'.

im sure akido has its place

Tyler Timmermans
09-27-2011, 05:17 AM
fucking blackberry play book, anyway i think they just maded that shit up about being able to throw someone by there arm and the real aikido techniques that work are pain compliance techniques that the cops use on drunk peapole.

Dylan Ehrnreiter
09-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Too often one of those big-belly masters will tell you that his internal power has sunk to his stomach; he's not kidding, it is sunk and gone! To put it bluntly, he is nothing but fat and ugly.

-Bruce Lee

Jonathan Wylie
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Hey Ari, who was the other 10th planet instructor that trained akido?

Chris Herzog
09-27-2011, 08:44 AM

I don't think theres a real issue regarding Aikido on this thread, but rather Seagal himself that people take issue with.

AJ Camacho
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM

What else could they equate the art with though? There's no high level Aikido competitions, I can't think of any Aikido based top level MMA fighters, and I don't recall any Aikido practitioners cross competing against other styles in their respective sport.

I respect aikido and many of the techniques do have great value. There's a reason why it tends to be modified and incorporated into the self defense system of most martial arts because the mechanics work. However, can we really expect the average person to have any public awareness of Aikido beyond Steven Segal? And I ask that question respectfully... the practitioner will define the public opinion of their respective martial art. The Gracies define BJJ, Lebell defines Judo, Lee defines Jeet Kun Do and whether we like it or not Steven Segal defines Aikido.

Ari Bolden
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
I am certainly not saying Aikido works in a MMA setting (hence the reason you don't ever see it exclusively used in the cage). And as Chris pointed out, this is about Seagal's weird ass comments.

I personally don't use MMA as the measuring stick for everything that is practical in life. It is an easy out in my view. What don't we see arnis or kali used in the cage? How is the knife fighting defense by MMA practitioners? It isn't applicable to what they do so they don't learn it for their medium.

I personally don't consider Seagal the person who defines aikido. I suppose what AJ is talking about is a popularity contest. Who has the biggest name and therefore, which person does the uninformed attach the art too. I suppose its like saying Frank Dux is the ninjitsu representative (Blood Sport), Jeff Speakman is Kempo (Perfect Weapon), and Tommy Lee Jone is Kali because he did it in the "Hunted".

As I said, Seagal's comments are certainly from a different planet and I shake my head when he speaks but I know that the value of the art goes much deeper than his silly interviews. In the end, I have learned much during my time in that art and its saved my ass many times over out in the concrete arena. When the situation allows, I will use locking techniques from Aikido, as well as Japanese Jujutsu, Judo, or BJJ when it allows also.

AJ Camacho
09-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't worry Ari, I would never angrily point my finger into your chest since I would immediately get my wrist broken. I definitely respect the art.