PDA

View Full Version : Two arm in triangle



David Bradshaw
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
So idk if its just because I have long legs or something but when I have people I my guard I can just snap a triangle on them without getting one of their arms out. Then I just squeeze with my legs and pull down on their head and about 30% of the time I get a tap. Idk if its actually working as a choke or if the 30% of people are just wussy. But the other 70% of the time I just end up stalling there, the other person can't escape and I don't know where to go to finish. Any ideas? I figured I would ask since I suppose someone might have already had this problem.

Jon Watkins
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwgaPyXd1rk&feature=channel_video_title

At the end Sean uses the double arm triangle to armbar

David Rosado
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
So idk if its just because I have long legs or something but when I have people I my guard I can just snap a triangle on them without getting one of their arms out. Then I just squeeze with my legs and pull down on their head and about 30% of the time I get a tap. Idk if its actually working as a choke or if the 30% of people are just wussy. But the other 70% of the time I just end up stalling there, the other person can't escape and I don't know where to go to finish. Any ideas? I figured I would ask since I suppose someone might have already had this problem.

armbar seems like the best option from there. I mean, you can even keep the triangle if your hips are in the right place as a fulcrum.

VJ Bella
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Watch Gabbys video 2 threads up. Same exact scenario...straight to double armbar.

AJ Camacho
10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
At the end Sean uses the double arm triangle to armbar

Awesome to see that demonstrated. I hit it a few times by accident, I was trying to do an East Croc, but I chickened out in swinging the leg over, so I just cleared the shoulder and locked it up like a triangle to finish for the arm bar. Then I went home and checked the book and I realized that I had done a half assed east coast croc. Like Bradshaw I was wondering if it was a fluke or just my partner having a sensititve day.

Watching the video I can see why it would work sometimes and why it wouldn't. Essentially, I just wasn't paying attention to where their shoulder was before I triangled my leg.