Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    So, funny story, BMac hasn't punch choked me in a WHILE. I'd figured out a way to stuff the choke and ride it out until he moves on because it isn't working.
    Unsure of the Judo specific rules, he asks me if it's ok to do the choke, while we're on the ground... Confident in my ability to defend, as I had been doing, I say, "Sure! Go for it!"

The collar to my gi got in the way of me pulling my hand through to defend like I normally do.

I lost because my gi made a no gi technique more effective
    lol stupid gis!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Beautiful bmac!

I would've been there but tickets were sold out
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    So, funny story, BMac hasn't punch choked me in a WHILE. I'd figured out a way to stuff the choke and ride it out until he moves on because it isn't working.
    Unsure of the Judo specific rules, he asks me if it's ok to do the choke, while we're on the ground... Confident in my ability to defend, as I had been doing, I say, "Sure! Go for it!"

The collar to my gi got in the way of me pulling my hand through to defend like I normally do.

I lost because my gi made a no gi technique more effective
    ahaha nice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Congrats again! Did all the ground work happen because they didn't feel your takedowns were clean enough? I stay confused about judo rules, were they lacking the "speed and power" by their definition or something? Or only kodokan recognized throws can be ippons?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Any throw that lands a person largely on their back, with force and control, without entanglement (locking out of the knee) of the legs, is valid for Ippon.
    Anything less, they give you points, but allow groundwork to proceed. This was a freestyle judo ruleset, so they allow groundwork without stalling, you stall, or get stuck in a position because the other guy is stalling, you get stood back up. IJF Olympic rules give you about 10-20 seconds to obtain a submission before they stand you up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Porra!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12