Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Make a video for us to see.
    Word, if you have time (just show what it looks like, and how you got there so we can better understand the context). And def keep experimenting to find your path (with some guidance on concepts of course)

Array

School
    Springfield BJJ
    If I am passing someone else's half guard I commonly WANT my arm in side of it. It helps me make you lose your connection to my leg by introducing space. I keep wedging the arm in and setting up the "over / under" guard pass.

If you are playing half guard and you get this arm, you can squeeze and hold it for a minute to catch your breath and stall, but I wouldn't consider it a position with options. You have fewer choices there than they do. Unless they really fall asleep at the wheel here, they shouldn't be sweepable, if you try to open your half guard to search a submission they should be ahead in that race to escape and you can't hold it infinitely.

Keep playing with everything though.

Tons of people find their own unique games that others would consider "bad", and curiosity is the first step in motivation for that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Walker View Post
    If I am passing someone else's half guard I commonly WANT my arm in side of it. It helps me make you lose your connection to my leg by introducing space. I keep wedging the arm in and setting up the "over / under" guard pass.

If you are playing half guard and you get this arm, you can squeeze and hold it for a minute to catch your breath and stall, but I wouldn't consider it a position with options. You have fewer choices there than they do. Unless they really fall asleep at the wheel here, they shouldn't be sweepable, if you try to open your half guard to search a submission they should be ahead in that race to escape and you can't hold it infinitely.

Keep playing with everything though.

Tons of people find their own unique games that others would consider "bad", and curiosity is the first step in motivation for that!
    I'd be interested to see how your getting your arm in on a good tight lock down.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    tolga jiu jitsu
    well if i had an arm trapped in half guard id probably use my arm near his feet to grabb a foot and pull him into truck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12