Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta

Need a little guidance on people getting double unders in my lockdown

Im at a non 10th planet school so im figuring out alot of this stuff on my own. I have great success with the electric chair sweep but my biggest issue is dealing with guys getting the underhook on the side where i reach for the leg. Any tips to prevent or what to do once you are stalled out in that annoying double underhook position with the lockdown.

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    Ive seen Eddie in training videos dig for the near side underhook then clasp his hands together around the guys back and shoot that butterfly hook in and sweep.....Im going to have to drill that a bit to get it in my DNA

Array

School
    RGA NYC
    If you wip up first and stiff arm they should not get the underhook.

Array

School
    HQ
    The Near Side Under Hook Half Guard Pass, a la BJ Penn.

If you give up the Near Side Under Hook, keep your own under hook alive by not getting pinned. You're in for a bad time once the passer plants his head near the far side. There he can move straight to mount or fish for the double under hooks if the Lockdown is giving him problems.

As to an answer for the Double Under Hooks:

osiander.jpg

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    yeah the near side underhook is a bitch to deal with even if i have my underhook...there are a few guys i train with that are obsessed with that near side underhook in my half guard bc they know it can cause me a lot of problems with my electric chair and other half guard sweeps

Array

School
    HQ
    You can monitor the bicep before digging your head in for Perfect Double Underhooks/Electric Underhooks.

Double-Triangle-no-gi.jpg

This will prevent that particular pass.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    A solid whipup will force them to base with both hands, or risk landing on their head.
    I also use jaws of life a lot if the guys are bigger and heavier and I am having a hard time whipping up.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

This is just my two cents, the only reason I am commenting is that the Electric Chair/Vaprozer is my #1 submission. I have yet to fully understand the whip up, whip down, suck, uppercut, duck all that shit.

Honestely I have never been too concerned with DOUBLE undercooks. All that I really need is the same-side undertook. Once I have lockdown and that same-side undertook, its game on. What I do is roll them back and forth between dogfight/back-take threat, and electric chair threat. If they have that far side undertook? I'm already transitioning to the back. If I have that same-side undertook I am climbing on to their back (or "throwing" them so hard that they are forced to post on the opposite knee.) I threaten the back-take with that same-side undertook so hard that the far side undertook does not even matter. Its almost always curling the back of the knee in preparation for an electric chair, regardless if they have a far-side undertook or not.

If this makes no sense please disregard. In short, Im rarely concerned with the far-side undertook and Electric Chairs are my best game. Its that same-side undertook I find incredibly essential. Dudes in my gym fight me for that shit IN my lockdown.

This is just my two cents, the only reason I am commenting is that the Electric Chair/Vaprozer is my #1 submission. I have yet to fully understand the whip up, whip down, suck, uppercut, duck all that shit.

Honestely I have never been too concerned with DOUBLE underhooks. All that I really need is the same-side underhook. Once I have lockdown and that same-side underhook, its game on. What I do is roll them back and forth between dogfight/back-take threat, and electric chair threat. If they have that far side underhook? I'm already transitioning to the back. If I have that same-side underhook I am climbing on to their back (or "throwing" them so hard that they are forced to post on the opposite knee.) I threaten the back-take with that same-side underhook so hard that the far side underhook does not even matter. Its almost always curling the back of the knee in preparation for an electric chair, regardless if they have a far-side underhook or not.

If this makes no sense please disregard. In short, Im rarely concerned with the far-side underhook and Electric Chairs are my best game. Its that same-side underhook I find incredibly essential. Dudes in my gym fight me for that shit IN my lockdown.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post

Honestely I have never been too concerned with DOUBLE underhooks. All that I really need is the same-side underhook. Once I have lockdown and that same-side underhook, its game on. What I do is roll them back and forth between dogfight/back-take threat, and electric chair threat. If they have that far side underhook? I'm already transitioning to the back. If I have that same-side underhook I am climbing on to their back (or "throwing" them so hard that they are forced to post on the opposite knee.) I threaten the back-take with that same-side underhook so hard that the far side underhook does not even matter. Its almost always curling the back of the knee in preparation for an electric chair, regardless if they have a far-side underhook or not.

If this makes no sense please disregard. In short, Im rarely concerned with the far-side underhook and Electric Chairs are my best game. Its that same-side underhook I find incredibly essential. Dudes in my gym fight me for that shit IN my lockdown.
    Next week if your still in town!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast