Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee Knot help

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice, Brian. I found some videos from Zog and am studying up on it. He's that dude most definitely. I was trying to remember the episode that Eddie has a seminar with him and they were going over a lot of positions. I'm seeing that it's from Game Over more though like you say, and not the saddle. When you say "fit ankle locks", what do you mean exactly?
    Typo, I meant its a good series to learn FOR ankle locks. I do way more ankle locks and ankle lock variations off the knot lately than heel hooks. An ankle lock gripped opposite the normal way is golden for me once there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Which video are you referring to?
    It was an episode of MTS where you and Eddie were drilling some different leg lock variations and you were showing the knee knot if I remember correctly. It was when Eddie was going around asking every good leg lock guy for their best leg lock defense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Typo, I meant its a good series to learn FOR ankle locks. I do way more ankle locks and ankle lock variations off the knot lately than heel hooks. An ankle lock gripped opposite the normal way is golden for me once there.
    Oh, okay lol. I definitely love ankle locks so I'm gonna work on this a lot more. Thanks, man!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    There is a sambo position that I think may be called a "Russian knee bar" - it's sort of like the knee knot done from the saddle. There may be videos of it out there.

Someone visiting showed it to me last weekend - at first take, it seems pretty dominant, but the thing that Alex Canders pointed out is that it makes it tough/impossible to get your own knee to the mat in the saddle, which makes it easier for the uke to stiff arm your knee and start to work the escape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12