Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I think there will always be haters, no matter what, And we will continue to grow and dominate just like we have been all along.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    The aftermath of the most important rematch in Jiu Jitsu history :-). Definitely a big difference now.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Among the rank and file, I've had nothing except positive experiences.
    On the other hand, from coaches, refs and organizers, I've seen outright disrespect and aggression.
    I've been a Ronin since 2009, and the best thing I can say is that now, at least, everyone recognizes 10th Planet, whether they like us or not.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    My two relevant experiences with this:
    1 – My last tournament was at EGO Nashville. I was sitting on the bleachers and stretching a little, when a dude who was sitting on the floor behind the bleachers asked me, “Hey man, do you know Brandon Mccaghren?” (He saw my 10P shirt and drew deduced some connections). This started a short conversation, as this guy had crossed paths with B-Mac on occasion (all positive by the way) at seminars and such. Then he asked me what division I was competing in. When I told him, he patted me on the shoulder and said, “Whew…glad I don’t have to worry about rubber guard then since we’re in different divisions”. It was cool…just the knowledge that he might have to compete against 10P made him worry. Good stuff.
    2 – The weekend after M3 I went to a local Gracie school for a Saturday morning open mat because some of our guys had fights that weekend and we weren’t going to be rolling that Saturday at our 10P gym.. I wore my gi (for like the 4th or 5th time ever), and we all rolled for a few hours. I electric chaired the shit out of several people…not to be a dick…but because they were all easy to catch it on. No one acted shitty about it, and nearly everyone said things like, “Yea man, gotta watch out for that Eddie Bravo shit…just ask Royler”. I even caught a go-go-plata, and dude was super cool. Don’t get me wrong, I got caught with some shit too (mostly gi chokes), but the point is everyone was really cool. The instructor, who I actually started jj with under a 30 day trial before I went to the 10P school I’m at now was also very positive. These guys could have easily been dickish about the whole thing, but they all acted cool and recognized 10P for what it is (in my opinion anyway). Good experience.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tupper View Post
    1 – My last tournament was at EGO Nashville. I was sitting on the bleachers and stretching a little, when a dude who was sitting on the floor behind the bleachers asked me, “Hey man, do you know Brandon Mccaghren?” (He saw my 10P shirt and drew deduced some connections). This started a short conversation, as this guy had crossed paths with B-Mac on occasion (all positive by the way) at seminars and such. Then he asked me what division I was competing in. When I told him, he patted me on the shoulder and said, “Whew…glad I don’t have to worry about rubber guard then since we’re in different divisions”. It was cool…just the knowledge that he might have to compete against 10P made him worry. Good stuff.
    2 – The weekend after M3 I went to a local Gracie school for a Saturday morning open mat because some of our guys had fights that weekend and we weren’t going to be rolling that Saturday at our 10P gym.. I wore my gi (for like the 4th or 5th time ever), and we all rolled for a few hours. I electric chaired the shit out of several people…not to be a dick…but because they were all easy to catch it on. No one acted shitty about it, and nearly everyone said things like, “Yea man, gotta watch out for that Eddie Bravo shit…just ask Royler”. I even caught a go-go-plata, and dude was super cool. Don’t get me wrong, I got caught with some shit too (mostly gi chokes), but the point is everyone was really cool. The instructor, who I actually started jj with under a 30 day trial before I went to the 10P school I’m at now was also very positive. These guys could have easily been dickish about the whole thing, but they all acted cool and recognized 10P for what it is (in my opinion anyway). Good experience.
    Great to hear experiences like that
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gamble View Post
    Im still not convinced

A video to go along with this would help me understand a little better

Array

School
    10thPlanetOceanside/SD
    Even though some people might hate they definitely respect the (10thPlanetJJ) system and if they don't yet they will eventually.

FREAKSDontSleep
    Last edited by Freakahzoid; 02-04-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tupper View Post
    Glad to see positive experiences from a fellow Tennessee brotha.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I've been mocked a few times before. "Oh here we go with that Eddie Bravo Sh*t!" I've had people mock the terminology while I was showing some people things. Like get him in the steering wheel n blah blah blah..Other than that I've made a few believers to the system and that's all that matters to me. I've been a ronin since December of 09, joined the nibiru forum in 2010 and I haven't looked back
    Last edited by Trez "Rat" Reyna; 02-04-2015 at 06:31 AM.
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Lets hope Geo represents at ADCC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast