Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Are you getting both butterfly hooks in and going to cocoon? or just trying to sweep with one from flat on your back? You need to stomp and get the one in and use that single butterfly, pimp arm, and overhook to get to full butterfly/cocoon sitting up. Super tuff to butterfly sweep starting from flat on your back.
    He is talking one hook in (Lock down / Half Guard -> Super Stomp -> Single Butterfly Hook)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    When I'm (135) using the stomp against Brandon (170ish) who loves passing the half guard with pressure, the key part is to USE the pimp arm and over hook and butterfly hook to get to your right side. Many times I will try this and even if I have all of the key parts of it, but I don't use them to get to my side, he will smash me flat and pass and then I'm in way over my head and I usually get arm triangled. You gotta use everything, but specifically the pimp arm, to move onto your side so that you can get your right leg involved somehow.
    Knowledge
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    When I'm (135) using the stomp against Brandon (170ish) who loves passing the half guard with pressure, the key part is to USE the pimp arm and over hook and butterfly hook to get to your right side. Many times I will try this and even if I have all of the key parts of it, but I don't use them to get to my side, he will smash me flat and pass and then I'm in way over my head and I usually get arm triangled. You gotta use everything, but specifically the pimp arm, to move onto your side so that you can get your right leg involved somehow.
    Ever since Bobby Rivers & Josh Passini have been on my ass about Whizzer, Pimp, Stomp, (3 comps ago) I've been getting after it, and I've been noticing the less flat you are even with my bunk ass flexibility, you can sneak it in. and extend the shit out of it to cocoon. Thanks for the insight Sam

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Also, remember that there is a difference between YOUR overhook and HIS underhook. Just because it's there, does not mean you are using it. Whizzer his shoulder down after the whip down. Use that whizzer to keep him down and out of position. Drive that shoulder down and it will take his shoulder out of position, making it much harder for his underhook to function properly. Staying on your side will be much easier.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    When he passes to side control, does he still have head and arm control? If so, check out Herzogs Ghost series.

Array

School
    London
    Thanks so much you guys! I appreciate you all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Alot of great advice on this thread so far.

I would also add that you shouldn't give up on that whip down too soon. Keep working reps on that thing and watch your half guard game explode.

I would add that as soon as you have your butterfly hook in, start trying to use it to check his base right away. This will force him to open up a little, making your transition to full butterfly guard or possibly a meathook style game (my personal preference) way, way easier.

And make sure you don't avoid him. All that smashing and destruction is a tremendous blessing in your life.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Tenth Planet Decatur
    Add the ghost series into your game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skaff View Post
    Add the ghost series into your game.
    Ghost dont work Matt GAWD
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Also, remember that there is a difference between YOUR overhook and HIS underhook. Just because it's there, does not mean you are using it. Whizzer his shoulder down after the whip down. Use that whizzer to keep him down and out of position. Drive that shoulder down and it will take his shoulder out of position, making it much harder for his underhook to function properly. Staying on your side will be much easier.
    This
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast