Array

School
    KMA Philippines

Electric Chair Question

Is there some kind of leg lock to your opponent when you're doing an electric chair to your opponent? More specifically on the leg that's being locked down. I had guys that would tap out due to the pain on their knees when I try to do the electric chair submission, and not because their hips were being stretched. Also I competed in one competition, I tore a guy's LCL due to the electric chair submission I did. Which got me thinking, was I doing a different technique all along? If so anyone know what's it called?

Was I wrong all the time thinking the electric chair sub had pressure on the knees instead of the hips? or the pressure on the knees was really there all along?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    I popped a kids knee with an electric chair when competing as well, I linked the video for it below. I guess it depends on how you are torquing the leg and how they defend, but it can definitely put pressure on the knee. I have people tap to just a lockdown sometimes. A lot of new guys that come into Atos tap to the lockdown, or guys that just aren't used to being in it will tap if it's tight, not really knowing what is happening to their leg.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    I popped a kids knee with an electric chair when competing as well, I linked the video for it below. I guess it depends on how you are torquing the leg and how they defend, but it can definitely put pressure on the knee. I have people tap to just a lockdown sometimes. A lot of new guys that come into Atos tap to the lockdown, or guys that just aren't used to being in it will tap if it's tight, not really knowing what is happening to their leg.

Props to you for being real cool afterwards and checking on him. I dig that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveramz View Post
    Props to you for being real cool afterwards and checking on him. I dig that.
    Hespect.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Well the vaporizer would be done on that leg if you got on top and switched his non locked down leg to the other side of your head. From the looks of it though it might have just been guys who didn't know how to effectively defend the electric chair. If they flex and extend their leg instead of getting their butterfly hook in or twister passing it could cause some damage. Not something to bank on with higher level guys I imagine, but take what you can get

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    Ive found bigger people have serious issues with the lockdown (bigger legs ?). they dont like it at all.