Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by LuT View Post
    I said most of high end telescopes come with a digital disk to find stars , meaning they can be easily altered with software , meaning you cannot use em in an argument about shape of the plane you are looking from.
    Okay, I can tell you that the computer assistance for the telescope I bought only moves the mount on the tripod to apparently compensate for the rotation of the earth. My telescope is essentially a 500mm telephoto lens with a computer assisted tripod mount. It also becomes very clear after about 5 minutes of trying to use a telescope that in order to actually spot planets or objects and follow them you need to use the Heliocentric model. There is no digital connection between the scope mechanism and the computerized mount mechanism.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    Okay, I can tell you that the computer assistance for the telescope I bought only moves the mount on the tripod to apparently compensate for the rotation of the earth. My telescope is essentially a 500mm telephoto lens with a computer assisted tripod mount. It also becomes very clear after about 5 minutes of trying to use a telescope that in order to actually spot planets or objects and follow them you need to use the Heliocentric model. There is no digital connection between the scope mechanism and the computerized mount mechanism.
    Ok
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    https://www.edx.org/course/introduct...asux-ast111x-6

This is a pretty cool course from ASU. Definitely from the Heliocentric perspective versus the Geocentric perspective.

Helps understand a bit of what your brain is perceiving through your eyes when you look through the eyepiece of a scope.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    https://www.edx.org/course/introduct...asux-ast111x-6

This is a pretty cool course from ASU. Definitely from the Heliocentric perspective versus the Geocentric perspective.

Helps understand a bit of what your brain is perceiving through your eyes when you look through the eyepiece of a scope.
    If i wanted to learn to speculate , i did do it following open ended solutions like flat Earth.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    MMA Trondheim
    Some think the earth may be flat, I think it's round, but regardless of what you believe, or if you are on the fence; this video is one of the most awesome videos I've seen in a decade. It's all four thruster-rockets with mounted cams, from start to disconnect, one after the other, different angles. Turn the sound up, it's creepy
    The Sr-71 just took a backseat for me, that shuttle is way cooler! :3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLl7oqdm_B8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123