Thread: ACL comeback!?!

Array

School
    Team Nogueira Dubai

ACL comeback!?!

Alright Guys,

I blew my ACL out (and partial MCL) - standup injury, just unlucky- surgery day after tomorrow and then I'm all in for rehab. My bottom game is pretty much 8/10 10th planet based. (can full lotus, legs go behind my head so found it comparatively easy to learn the techniques - it all made sense) BUT now that I've blown my knee out I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to modify my game? Should i be avoiding rubber guard? Playing a more open game, ... i will obvioulsy be focusing more on top position now, but wanted to know if anyone has any experience coming back to a 10th planet game after a similar injury?

Thanks

Andy

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamilton NZ
    I've experience coming back from that injury to other sport (rugby). I think anything is possible and if you do the rehab religiously you'll be ok. Don't push too hard too early though. It took me 12 months to get back on the rugby field.

As an aside, pretty sure Joe Rogan has mentioned that he's blown both ACL's, so it's doable.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Well I have Blown out my ACL twice, Massive Miniscus and bone damage and damage to the support ligiments(MCL/LCL).

Simple answer is yes it will defiantly affect your game.

Its going to take time to get back to normal and even more time before your leg is comfortable doing all the RG game. Best advice I can give is take your time, dont rush it and dont stop rehab just because your back to running or back to basic weights or back to the mat because it will take a solid FULL YEAR OF REHAB. Its a high probibility they will take your hamstring for the graft and that means Squats are your new best friend and deadlifts will be right there beside them once your back to weights.

Best advice I can give for the first 3 months is flexibility, flexibility and Flexibility.

Mobility is the bigest thing and its going to hurt but get it done. Strength will be the easy part! I am about 18months post my 3rd Knee surgery and just feeling the RG game come back now but I have been hard focused on top game and Zgaurd to reduce the risk of pressure and extensive work on the Leg game so I am not afraid of it and instead attacking. Although I would imagine it will be a bit better for you as I was back to RG game about 12 months post the first time around but age has caught up a bit with me I think.

Best of luck mate and PM me if you need any advice or stuff to work on.

Array

School
    Team Nogueira Dubai
    Cheers for writing back!. Want to be realistic about it all... so thats fine - pretty comitted to the Rehab but easy to say now compared to 6 months down the line. Surgery tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck mate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Best of luck mate! Hit that sweet sweet morphine like no tomorrow

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I go in for knee surgery next week, Gonna rehab like a pro
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Best of luck!

I HIGHLY reccomend looking into getting PRP with HGH injections after surgery as well to speed things up and increase healing. If you can afford it stem cells are great but I am acually getting PRP done now that its a bit more affordable here in Aus.