Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ

Finally picked up a few wins in competition...

A couple weekends ago, my teammates and I competed at the first ever Toronto Grappling Grand Prix. I was pretty sick leading up to it, so couldn't really train, but really pushed to make it to the tourney because it had a round robin format and I would be guaranteed a number of matches which would be a great experience. I've only been training for just about a year (less if you factor in time taken off for illness, injuries, etc), and had competed twice before, losing in the first round of single elimination tourneys. My teammates Tim, Joe and Jay all put on incredible performances and took silver in their respective nogi divisions. I didn't medal, but finally got on the winning track competing in both gi and no gi for a total of 8 matches in the day. Went 2-2 in my first ever gi competition (we dont even train wif da gi, I just figured any experience is good for you...plus I'm distant cousins with Renato), and 3-1 in no gi. I had a tough weight cut for day before weigh ins and everything was cramping horribly by the time we did no gi, resulting in some sloppiness, and lack of rubber gizzle, but was pretty happy to get on the winning track. If you get the chance to read this and watch the videos my teammate Kurzy recorded, lemme know what you think!

Favourite nogi match (won 10-0, im in the green and black rashie):

Array

School
    Favourite match wif da gi (won 14-0; im the taller brown guy):

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bodmon View Post
    A couple weekends ago, my teammates and I competed at the first ever Toronto Grappling Grand Prix. I was pretty sick leading up to it, so couldn't really train, but really pushed to make it to the tourney because it had a round robin format and I would be guaranteed a number of matches which would be a great experience. I've only been training for just about a year (less if you factor in time taken off for illness, injuries, etc), and had competed twice before, losing in the first round of single elimination tourneys. My teammates Tim, Joe and Jay all put on incredible performances and took silver in their respective nogi divisions. I didn't medal, but finally got on the winning track competing in both gi and no gi for a total of 8 matches in the day. Went 2-2 in my first ever gi competition (we dont even train wif da gi, I just figured any experience is good for you...plus I'm distant cousins with Renato), and 3-1 in no gi. I had a tough weight cut for day before weigh ins and everything was cramping horribly by the time we did no gi, resulting in some sloppiness, and lack of rubber gizzle, but was pretty happy to get on the winning track. If you get the chance to read this and watch the videos my teammate Kurzy recorded, lemme know what you think!

Favourite nogi match (won 10-0, im in the green and black rashie):

that was solid, entertaining match

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    You fought great bro.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Great job, Josh!

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    Nice sweeps from the lockdown man. And that guillotine sweep to the mount/back/arm bar/triangle choke.. that flow was sick! Hit that teepee next time bro! And a real solid double at the end. Great match dude!

Array

School
    Thanks guys