Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    this is my personal achilles heel as well...has been for 4 years...sometimes I can get up to my elbow against guys my size but not against bigger stronger guys. There is an easy gi sweep from here but you cant do it in no-gi because there is nothing to grab and pull with.

Another thing I have been seeing alot is the guy on top is triangleing his own legs (like traditional half guard but on the top). He just kind surfs on top and then dives both hands under for the twister side pass (so i never even get the lockdown). They are teaching this here on the east coast ALOT as a way to prevent lockdown players from getting the lockdown...so far it f#$cking me up...havn't figured out how to beat it yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Like Herzog said prevention is the key, anticipation doesn't hurt either. As soon as the guy starts to turn you gotta shoot your left arm under his left arm pit and go for an arm triangle aka apollo. If your squeeze is developed and you have your lockdown in you can get the tap from there or at least get him to turn back around and face you
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    blank
    ^hmm. I really like this idea of shooting your LEFT arm under their right armpit. I've been pretty focused on getting to my right elbow but bigger guys can still smash me back down in this case. But that left arm under theirs would force a bunch on their weight more toward your own ass so you can stay more stable on your elbow, I like it.

Array

School
    lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Like Herzog said prevention is the key, anticipation doesn't hurt either. As soon as the guy starts to turn you gotta shoot your left arm under his left arm pit and go for an arm triangle aka apollo. If your squeeze is developed and you have your lockdown in you can get the tap from there or at least get him to turn back around and face you
    I can't see how this triangle works, anyone have a video or picture of it.

Array

School
    lost
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    I can't see how this triangle works, anyone have a video or picture of it.
    Forget it I get the idea.

Another question, what can you do when he starts his pass with his left arm lower down your torso so you can't get your left arm under.

Array

School
    lost
    Forget that question too, I should think before I ask questions sometimes

Array

School
    blank
    The only other issue is that some guys prefer to crossface rather than passing their left arm over you. My instructor likes to do that and I suppose you can't really shoot your left arm through under his left armpit in this case.

This might leave them vulnerable to being swept if you quickly switch your left leg to a butterfly hook and reach with a deep underhook using your left arm.

Array

School
    Smith BJJ McDonough, GA
    I'd think you need to push the crossface over and go for the triangle there. This past week I got into a half guard battle with a guy i've been working 10pjj stuff with. He went to the twister and i sat up, and seat belted him as he was messing with my legs. I don't know if I had anything from there, but he quickly stopped the twister pass and turned back into my half guard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12