Array

School
    Lotus club jj miami

When controlling the arm in side control.

When put in traditional side control ive been trying to control the arm that is trying to hug my neck.(like in MTS 63.) Sometimes my partner goes Knee on belly. Any advice to stop this?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur_v View Post
    When put in traditional side control ive been trying to control the arm that is trying to hug my neck.(like in MTS 63.) Sometimes my partner goes Knee on belly. Any advice to stop this?
    Anytime you're in Side control, you need to avoid getting put into head and arm control and put flat on your back. Knee on Belly, happens all the time and you just have to start getting good at removing the (KOB). Shrimp away, address the foot placement, check the knee and the hips, and you should be able to get out. Guy's with amazing KOB have good armlock set ups and even slicker transitions from there to assorted chokes, and positions. They know how to put the pressure on you to steer you down the path they want.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    My favorite 2 options if they go knee on belly is 1. Post on hip with closed fist using outside arm and c cup his leg at the knee on his leg not on your belly. Then with those posts set shrimp out and come up on your knees. 2. Use your inside hand to push his foot to 1/4 guard. I keep my out side arm tight to my side because that's what they want to attack!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur_v View Post
    "The Ghost" is my go to, when they have head and arm. This escape is a must. Drill the hell out of it and you'll be hitting it from many different angles.