Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough

George Sots next opponent ?

Why is it that they are setting him up with a light weight not even ranked on the top ten? He's 7-0. Cain Valasquez 7th UFC fight was a title shot but George cant get a top ten guy like K Flo or somethin for his 8th fight? Kinda gay. Congrats George, best of luck with getting a derserved fight

There setting him up against Denis Siver right? Thats kinda lame... but at least its a fight down under, and its decently soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    It's only a matter of time...
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    Yea it does seem like some bullshit that he is winning non-stop and has paid his dues and is still not getting a top 10 guy.

Array

School
    HITsquad, Granite City, IL
    Kenny Florian is tied up with Evan Duhnam...He'll probably fight Dennis Siver, and then get a title eliminator with the winner of Florian/Dunham....Keep in mind Edgar/Maynard winner has to fight Henderson/pettis winner to unify the belt. Cain got his shot with 7 wins because the Heavyweight title picture is paper thin.

Array

School
    HITsquad, Granite City, IL
    Or Siver, then Sean Sherk, then the Florian/Dunham winner depending on how long it takes them to unify the belt

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Obviously Im a pro George guy, Im not upset at not getting a title shot ... but the man deserves a top ten fighter to fight. Something that would lead to a title contention. Youre right about a thinner Heavy weight catagory but its pretty excessive difference between getting a top ten fighter after the same type of run (and I think he had harder fights than Cain did, although I realize thats not as strong of a division)

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    ok i do believe George deserves a top 10 fighter, but who can you give him on such short notice, i believe that if he didnt fight in austarlia and waited a bit longer he would get a better opponent, although siver is no joke.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    It seems like George is getting a mix of bad timing and a long-road approach by Joe Silva. He has consistently gotten guys a level below the next "step up" in competition. Look at his dominance in the last four fights, and the sequence of opponents. I can't say I'm that mad, though. UFC used to (and still does) through a lot of great prospects to the wolves early, and they are finally starting to give guys time to develop (Cain, JDS, Jon Jones, Hamill, Bader, George). George needed to work on his striking to become a truly top-5 LW, and it has gotten way better, but could still use one more tune up fight (BJ and Edgar have way better hands than Lauzon, and don't tire in one round). This way, He should still get a shot in 2011, but there will be no questioning his legitimacy in the bout. Maybe Joe Silva just doesn't like George, but based on bonuses and excitement factor, I'd say he just wants to give him a clear path to the top. Final Note: Siver is on a streak, and there has been a lot of talk of him being a fight or two from contention. As was Lauzon. Another win like this and it makes a good argument for a shot, because it will answer questions about how George will fair against high level kickboxing that still has some ground game. I have George by 2nd Round armbar from spiderweb. WAR GEORGE.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Hmm, I'm partial to AcesRacked theory here, giving their fighters time to develop is something I think the UFC has been doing a better job of. Frankie and BJ's stand-up game are way better than Lauzon's for sure, with the cardio to back it up. Patience can be a good thing since we know George is going to defend multiple times once he has that belt