Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La

My Journey Back and going forward

I just want to start and say that because of my paths in Jiu Jitsu I have had an extremely fun journey.

I started in a traditional gym in 2011 learning the basics from A great black belt instructor who was in the middle of changing his school from a Gracie Barra to his own. At this point in my life I wasn't on a career path or any particular path in life. I just went to work and went to BJJ two days a week. By 2013 I made 3 stripes and competed a few times but ended up taking a back seat as I endeavored more into my career.

I never stopped though. With a great friend of mine I continued grappling and learning what I could and started to do more and more of my own thing. I really began to focus on what type of grappler i wanted to become and spent more time using the 10thPJJ system. it was just a hobby at the time. As with all things in life change once again happened but this time in the form of me teaching a larger group of guys what I knew and what I learned. I was able to teach free nogi grappling at a karate studio in my town and started to develop my own journey to what I love. We kept the program up and running for a year.

Now as i start 2017 I want to start taking steps to open something real and all my own. As a grappler I use a lot of 10thPJJ in my style. I am teaching 8 core guys right now and a handful of guys who can make it when they can. I will be competing more and more this year. I will also be opening my own gym. right now we have essentially a home gym set up but its growing smaller and smaller as we continue to push and grow ourselves. My goal this year is to embark on a journey to become a 10th planet Hotbox and eventually an Affiliate. So here's to 2017. Lets make this the year we all chase our dreams and do what we love. That is what my journey is going to be this year.

I'm looking forward to meeting more of you this year and spending sometime at different gyms near me.