Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Great thread. Loving the points.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywatkins67 View Post
    All good commenets but did somebody forget about Jose Also? I'm pretty sure he's a black belt. Weidman does have a huge wrestling background but is also high level bjj belt under Matt Serra. Bottom line, today it is impossible to be succesful in MMA if you are a one trick pony. Must be well rounded. Interesting post.
    Jose and Barao are both BJJ black belts. But no one fears Aldo's Jiu Jitsu because he makes no effort to take it there. Plus, last time he was on the ground, he used the guard to mostly survive.

People fear barao's ground, but he prefers to strike, so we don't get to see it often.

Personally, my favorite guys to watch are guys who blend their BJJ with their striking like Charles Do Bronx and Tony El Cucuy. I love how one second Tony will be swinging for a marce or rolling into spider web, the next second he's knocking you out. Same with Oliveira. One second you're defending head kicks, next second you're trapped in a modified anaconda.

It's guys like that that make me feel like BJJ could do better in the UFC with a few adjustments. Tony Ferguson definitely has the right idea. 10thP4L.

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Maybe they should up the bonus money for submission of the night you know from like 50 grand 100
    grand that might encourage more submissions.
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123