Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    Well you are lucky. It be interesting to perform an anonymous survey.

As to the palimpsest, your track is one of the right ones. It's origin, though, is necessity. Lack of materials (paper, canvas, etc.) So not all are about revising the original, although, in the codices of the 5th century Greek bibles, there was revision at play, we know. Your conclusion, "jealous instructor cannot disavow rival" is what I was getting at but in a broader sense. There is no way even the most blindly anti-10th planet Eddie people have NOT been influenced. They are marked because all grapplers have to deal with systems that work, if at least to respond to it. Thanks for reading and writing. I'd love to continue this over a brew but I don't see myself getting to Alaska anytime soon. Although next week, in a senior seminar class, we are reading Into the Wild. (Literary Journalism).

Be well.
    Thanks, and I realize that in my first post I didn't adequately celebrate your article; I'll do that now. You've very succinctly and thoroughly encapsulated the spirit of 10th Planet with your blog post. Rejecting authority alone as a valid basis for belief, we embrace the free exchange of ideas. Eddie is a friend and a brilliant thinker, but far from infallible. As you perfect put it: "Each of those people I honor as my teachers but respect them enough not to beatify them..."

And any discussion of Into the Wild stirs up an uneasy feeling my own wellbeing. Sometimes our fear of heights comes from the knowledge that a small part of us wants to make the jump. I know that I'm only barely civilized, that my connections to the world at large are frail. It is easy to see myself stepping away from it all at only slight provocation, winding up alone and beyond salvation like McCandless or Evan Tanner. I guess I tell myself that I can't do jiujitsu alone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This is fantastically written, I really enjoyed it

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel." — Amir Allam
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Amir always makes my day when he posts. So nice to see a well educated open minded person speak on so many topics. The terribly misspelled regurgitation of garbage on FB and other forums can really put me in a funk sometimes. Amir's words can be like standing under a waterfall in Hawaii in these situations.

Great read by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12