Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

vs wrestling tips?

Hey quick question.. Today im going to get to roll around with a kid whos a state wrestler 3 years in a row, some background in judo but not enough to really worry about it. I expect a wrestling vs jiujitsu match. Anyone have any tips that work well against wrestlers. Im thinking rubber guard is perfect bc they always stay down on you?

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Keep your feet on his hips when he tries to stack you, don't let him flatten you out, try to be patient, and don't muscle your sweeps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    haha, luckily for me i have no strength.. so i dont have to worry about muscling anything. lol.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    The wrestlers here have a tendency to put their hand on the mat but getting your hips out from underneath them is going to probably be the hardest part.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    How did it go?

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    if anyone ever puts their head out as the closest thing to me, i always shoot straight for a muay thai clinch. you gotta rep it, grab that crown and make sure you have a wicked elbow squeeze. you can use it to go straight to headlock control by shooting their head to one side or if they start trying to defend it by pushing your head, you grab their elbow and push it sideways. bam, you got their back. i dont know how well it would work against a top wrestler though.. there aint many down under...

This question from the same guy who beats 40% of the purple belts he rolls with? I would think if you are that good/experienced, a HS wrestler is nothing new.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Haha.. man stlnl.. im sensing some hostility from your direction. I hope you werent offended by something i said. And reread the post, that was my point, im not anything special but im beating purple belts in my area.. therefor, the belts around here are jokes. anyway.. he didnt end up showing, but i beat the kid who beat him. So I was satisfied. And i got it with a carni while he was trying to pass rubberguard.

Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    Haha.. man stlnl.. im sensing some hostility from your direction. I hope you werent offended by something i said. And reread the post, that was my point, im not anything special but im beating purple belts in my area.. therefor, the belts around here are jokes. anyway.. he didnt end up showing, but i beat the kid who beat him. So I was satisfied. And i got it with a carni while he was trying to pass rubberguard.
    Not hostility. Sarcasm. Similar, but different.