Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any updates on 10th Planet Tokyo?

wut up 10P fam... I got really into the Olympics this year and the Closing Ceremonies last night got me thinking about the future. (shout out to my all-time favorite female rapper CL who put on a ferocious performance)

2020 Olympics are in Tokyo... I have always always wanted to visit Japan and I figure the Olympics would be the perfect excuse for me to go. Its my #1 dream to be a major contributor to 10P Tokyo and/or Osaka and sharing the 10P mentality and techniques with the far east. (also fighting and getting as big as I can in the MMA scene)

Any updates on 10th Planet Tokyo?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    It’s super hard for foreigners to open businesses in japan. The hotbox in Tokyo ran by one of my American students disbanded
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

no worries. I'm sure interest and demand will grow over the coming years... I am personally more interested in teaching/contributing at an already established school than running a business myself. (although for sure that could change)

I remember hearing about some Karate-for-MMA school up in the mountains that puts out active UFC fighters. Something like that has potential... I'm sure they would be interested in improving their clinch on the ground.

If there is a will, there is a way ...if anyone else wants to make 10P a reality in Japan, lets keep in touch!

The Tokyo Hotbox is still alive!
    Our former instructor, who used to train at HQ, went to a different affiliation but sometimes he joins our class. (Yesterday we just trained together.)
    Two guys who have trained at 10th Planet Ann Arbor are in charge now.
    We have regular trainings every Sunday afternoon and open mat time on Thursday evenings. On Sundays we have six to twelve participants. Most of us train at different BJJ schools (representing some of the biggest Japanese BJJ gyms) but we train NoGi together. In the last couple of months we have been focusing on the warmup series. We try to keep up with the new tweaks watching Mastering the System.
    We have had visitors from 10th Planet schools. Just one month ago from Riverside.
    Foreigners usually find us through Facebook. We also try to recruit guys from our gyms but we have to do it very diplomatically. Our classes are basically free of charge. We just split the mat reservation fee or pay the entrance fee for the open mat time.
    I myself trained at HQ for one week three years ago, and participated the 10th planet Singapore training camp last May. I hope I can go to HQ this year. Btw I always show the 10th planet sign at JBJJF tournaments if I get a medal.

https://www.facebook.com/10thPlanetT...1704744310116/

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabor View Post
    The Tokyo Hotbox is still alive!
    Our former instructor, who used to train at HQ, went to a different affiliation but sometimes he joins our class. (Yesterday we just trained together.)
    Two guys who have trained at 10th Planet Ann Arbor are in charge now.
    We have regular trainings every Sunday afternoon and open mat time on Thursday evenings. On Sundays we have six to twelve participants. Most of us train at different BJJ schools (representing some of the biggest Japanese BJJ gyms) but we train NoGi together. In the last couple of months we have been focusing on the warmup series. We try to keep up with the new tweaks watching Mastering the System.
    We have had visitors from 10th Planet schools. Just one month ago from Riverside.
    Foreigners usually find us through Facebook. We also try to recruit guys from our gyms but we have to do it very diplomatically. Our classes are basically free of charge. We just split the mat reservation fee or pay the entrance fee for the open mat time.
    I myself trained at HQ for one week three years ago, and participated the 10th planet Singapore training camp last May. I hope I can go to HQ this year. Btw I always show the 10th planet sign at JBJJF tournaments if I get a medal.

https://www.facebook.com/10thPlanetT...1704744310116/
    awesome to hear it's still alive!!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    no worries. I'm sure interest and demand will grow over the coming years... I am personally more interested in teaching/contributing at an already established school than running a business myself. (although for sure that could change)

I remember hearing about some Karate-for-MMA school up in the mountains that puts out active UFC fighters. Something like that has potential... I'm sure they would be interested in improving their clinch on the ground.

If there is a will, there is a way ...if anyone else wants to make 10P a reality in Japan, lets keep in touch!
    Yo!
    New to the forum. The thought of a 10th planet Japan(Tokyo/Osaka) has crossed my mind a million times. Happy to hear others are interested as well. I've been juggling the idea of moving to japan or not. I'm half Japanese and fluent in the language. Hope a 10th planet out there can become a reality! Future dream job?? Would def be dope!

This is a much better response than I had hoped! I can't describe how happy and excited it makes me to see you guys repping the 10 out there and keeping the dream alive. This is exactly the kind of thing Facebook is great/useful for... look for my friend requests and lest keep in touch for sure. Anthony we should meet up at HQ sometime!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    That’s a good idea. I know a few other SD are interested in taking a short trip up to hq. I’ll keep you posted��

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    That's a great idea! Me and a couple of guys at our gym were just talking about taking a quick trip out to HQ. Lets keep in touch and set something up.

Array

School
    Paraestra
    Hi,

I am one of the two who has been running the 10th Planet Tokyo Hotbox after the former instructor (Eddie's student). Although Eddie is right that it could be very difficult to start business in Japan, I am seeing emerging demands/opportunities for nogi here. Most of the gyms in Japan either have gi class only or have nogi class but is taught by MMA instructors. Every student who comes to our hotbox also trains at different gyms, but the very reason why they come to the hotbox is that they cannot get enough nogi training at their gyms. Plus, people from different countries including guys from other 10th Planet gyms often come visit our hotbox which makes me feel even more responsible to keep running this for everyone.

Our hotbox here is open for anyone and I am hoping to see you guys here someday to help growing 10th Planet in Japan.

Best regards,
    Yuma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast