Array

School
    Cooper's MMA

10th Planet hot box/training in Dublin, IRE? Also Sambo or (Gi) Jiu Jitsu?

Hi 10P soldiers,

I've been training nearly a year now and moving back to Dublin having lived in Spain for 10 months and back home for the past month and a half (first thing I did was sign up to a new gym ). I'm moving back to Dublin in September (when i find a place!) for college and I've hit somewhat of an impasse in my jiu jitsu and grappling journey.

Thing is - I'm a sambo fanatic. Like, a fucking huge fan of it. It's a rare as hell grappling style and I think what sambo can offer me in the wrestling, leglocking, throwing, aggression and just plain old toughing shit out department could pay huge dividends if I took the time to do some solid training in it.

However, due to money constraints I would pretty much only be able to pay for either a jiu jitsu place or the sambo place. So it's a tough choice.

But if I were to choose the sambo place, of course I'd still like to train gi and nogi (especially 10th planet stuff, which I feel would mesh well together) and am putting some feelers out there to see what the latest story is in getting a regular 10P training group together in the Big Shmoke. I know there's a few of you guys in Dublin who are blue belts and whatnot but I'm having trouble finding you and would like to take the opportunity to network whether I take a temporary break from formal jiu jitsu class to do sambo, whether a Dublin 10P affiliate is coming, whether there is or will be a Dublin training group/hotbox put together or whatever.

So if you are around Dublin, let me know! I'm a big fan of the system and would be willing to put a good few hours in every week to getting bett And if you aren't in Dublin but happen to have some sambo knowledge and experience and could weigh in on my dilemma, that would be greatly appreciated too Thanks a mil guys

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I was just up there about a month ago and there's a 10P purple belt up there too under Denny Prokopos, Rory McCann...he's working on building an empire out there with a few other folks. Hit him up on here. Eamonn Boylan is the owner of Ronin Crossfit and another good resource...fantastic blue belt and 10P savvy. Great folks out there!

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Yea Rory would be the ring leader here I'd say. Funny thing is although he has been to my gym more than once, I've never met him. Maybe I see him in competitions but never know it's him or maybe I haven't. But yea, send him a message. As Gary said Ronin Crossfit is a good place.

Array

School
    10th planet sf
    Hi Sean, yeah you've got options buddy, get into the lads at Ronin crossfit they're awesome. If you're near drogheda hit up Keith Kavanagh, he's amazing and will help you a lot with the sambo leg lock stuff.
    I'm working on big things coming soon so watch this space.

Gary, thanks for the kind words brother, hope you come back to Ireland soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dublin, Ireland
    Hey Sean,

Danny here. We have a crew training out of Ronin Crossfit in Fairview. We're training tues thurs sat at the moment, but we're going to have more sessions coming in the very near future. Hit me up if you want to come on in, I'll send you my number

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCann View Post
    big things coming soon
    oooooooooooooooo shit, this better not just be a sex joke

Array

School
    Cooper's MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Kennedy View Post
    Hey Sean,

Danny here. We have a crew training out of Ronin Crossfit in Fairview. We're training tues thurs sat at the moment, but we're going to have more sessions coming in the very near future. Hit me up if you want to come on in, I'll send you my number
    Sent you a PM there a while back mate!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    It's a beautiful thing to see the association grow in Europe :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    The Irish crew are growing, slowly but surely. Jeremy's been dropping knowledge bombs on us on the regular, helping us transform into darce choking leg lock machines !

Now all we need is an Eddie Bravo seminar to really open the floodgates 😀

Come on over for St Patrick's Day, you won't forget it ☘🍻 ☝👌