Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    I feel like this became too much about "spastic" "jerky" "inexperienced" stuff. We were going very slow and egoless. We were both allowing the other to go for something. Like I said he had an injured arm so I was being as gentle as possible. I am recalling what happened now though and heres what I think may have happened...

I had a knee in while in his guard. I used my forearm to push his leg to the mat and I passed with the knee in. Now instead of passing to scarf or with the hip on the mat, I just brought my other knee through to perfect side control. But as he was defending turning towards me and keeping his head close to me I managed to connect the worst part of my knee with the tenderest part of his brow. The impact wasn't too hard, like he wasn't rocked. It just cut him.

Basically I need to pass without worrying about someone getting my back. When I drive my knee through I should worry about getting to scarf before moving to perfect side. This is my guess.

Array

School
    Ground Control Baltimore City
    Jesse,

It sounds like the injuries you've inflicted were more accidents than anything. It's sucks to hurt someone but you should feel ok about it. Not that a black eye is such a big deal, but bumps like that happen a lot, I know I managed to get a black eye and then, as it was healed, got elbowed in the same place and given another one. If you weren't smashing him with power or anything, it's the luck of the draw...

Now if you were going 100% in training and end up destroying one of his legs, then yeah you've got some soul searching to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12