Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago

White Belt Looking for an MTS Roadmap

Is there a specific set of videos or order I should be watching the MTS videos to get the most out of them?

Thanks,
    -Rob

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I haven't found it very practical to start from episode 1 and try to work up through 95. You'll probably fizzle out before getting halfway through. I've personally gotten a lot out of learning a technique in class, then going to MTS and finding a relevant video to help ingrain the principles you learned in class. Videos are a nice supplement to training and can give a lot of clarity, but shouldn't be used as a substitute for training. But hang around long enough, go to enough classes, and review relevant topics as questions arise and you'll get through them soon enough.

Array

School
    na
    The warm up videos! Then whatever path you are currently focused on learning ie. Lockdown spiderweb, the back , judo side.etc

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    I haven't found it very practical to start from episode 1 and try to work up through 95. You'll probably fizzle out before getting halfway through. I've personally gotten a lot out of learning a technique in class, then going to MTS and finding a relevant video to help ingrain the principles you learned in class. Videos are a nice supplement to training and can give a lot of clarity, but shouldn't be used as a substitute for training. But hang around long enough, go to enough classes, and review relevant topics as questions arise and you'll get through them soon enough.
    Hit the nail on the head IMO. I love learning one technique in class then referring to MTS to help build my game around that position and polish the technique. Every episode of MTS has kind of a mini seminar on that position to help you get a deep understanding of the move. BTW I come out to 10P Chicago every now and then, awesome guys there. Not sure if you're new to the gym or new to the forum, but look forward to meeting you one of the next few weekends!