Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Bele View Post
    Thank you. I've wanted this for a long time. I will do my best to represent the 10, grow the 10 and become a full moon.
    Beautiful. Kai has the potential to make a serious mark in 10p history
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Do you have anyone in the interior of British Columbia (okanagan valley specifically) that is affiliated? Closest official spot is Coquitlam which is about 5 hours away from me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebeltforlife View Post
    Do you have anyone in the interior of British Columbia (okanagan valley specifically) that is affiliated? Closest official spot is Coquitlam which is about 5 hours away from me.
    Or do you know of any Astronauts living around here.. Kind of dead area for Nogi.

Application:

Hotbox location & Name:
    Gainesville Texas
    10th Planet Gainesville Hotbox
    Hotbox leader:
    Dustin Smith, Douglas Drew
    Contact Info (E-mail is fine):
    drewjustice85@gmail.com
    Has your Hotbox been approved by Eddie?:
    Yes.
    Are the Hotbox leaders a pro member of www.10thplanetjj.com?:
    Yes.
    Are the Hotbox leaders profiting financially in any way from the Hotbox(Hotbox leaders may NOT profit from teaching, make it clear o your websites/facebook pages etc. that 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu classes are FREE)?:
    No.
    Who is your Hotbox Sponsor Instructor?:
    Sean Bollinger

When was the last date the Hotbox Leader has trained with their Sponsor Instructor?: June 2015
    (Hot Box leader must train with the Sponsor at last 1x per year)

Is the Hotbox within 30 miles of a current 10th Planet Affiliate Moon?: No.

Array

School
    Pendergrass Academy of Martial Arts / Kai Thai Academy
    So question, if you want to start a 10th planet class/club and are not ready to be a moon, how would you go about that? That may sound redundant I just want to be respectful and follow the process properly

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    go to the first post in this thread...hot box is the only way to go if you're not ready for a moon, but you wanna rock the 10P name.

Array

School
    Pendergrass Academy of Martial Arts / Kai Thai Academy
    Thanks Gary, I actually meant to say Hotbox not Moon lol. I've been out of comp for a while. So wins are really the issue here. But my students are interested in trying the 10th planet system. I guess I should ask is it ok to start a class and work the system if you're not ready to be a Hotbox? Basically just having a class devoted to the system until we can meet all the criteria. Hope I didn't ramble to much there. But I would not want to start something at our school and cause any problems.

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Aloha everyone,

I've been following the system for a while now hoping for an affiliate school or hotbox to pop up here in Hawaii. Not sure why it hasn't yet, but I've made the decision that I'd like to take a shot at getting something started. That being said, I have a couple of questions that cover a few different topics but all relate to achieving hotbox/moon status.

1) "The leader of the hotbox must be sponsored by a 10th Planet Affiliate instructor." Who would most likely be the affiliate instructor for me on Oahu?

2) As for the 10 comp wins, is it appropriate for me to wear 10p gear, or throw up the 10p gang sign in competition if I don't currently train at a 10p school? I've been training and competing in MMA for about a year now, and have competed in a few jiu jitsu tournaments and I feel like I've wasted a few win vids cause I wasn't sure if it was cool to throw up that 10. Haha.

3) Is there a rank requirement to lead a hotbox? I've searched through the forum and I've read that it is possible to get promoted online, and being that I live in the middle of the ocean, would this be a viable option for me? I realize that this is the least preferred method, and I understand, and fully agree that it would be best to train with an affiliate instructor, but flying to the mainland to do so isn't something I can afford to do regularly.

4) I understand that hotboxes cannot charge for 10th planet classes. Does this rule extend to Gi or "traditional" NoGi? For example, if I worked at a gym that offered and charged for Gi and NoGi classes, would it still be ok to do a seperate, 10th planet class for free?

I've wanted to train 10th planet since I first watched a Submissions101 video on YouTube back in 2007 and Eddie was analyzing submissions in the UFC before there was ever a "Gracie Breakdown". For now, Ill just try to stay current with the system by watching Eddies instructionals, MTS videos, and technique variations on YouTube and Instagram, then practicing them on friends.

Thanks in advanced for any input, suggestions, and advice!

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Bump

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Bump, again.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast