Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Spartan Fight Team Hammond, La
    It's just a nogi funanentals class right now. I'd like to work my way up to becoming a 10th planet affiliate.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    That's a good idea, however just make sure you don't call it "10th Planet fundamentals" or have it listed anywhere as "10th planet" (on websites, social media, flyers or schedules, etc.). I suggest just calling it No-GI fundamentals or warm ups.
    Exactly! Plus, with how things are in Brazil, you won't have to worry about anyone "seeing" that you're doing 10P techniques. They are just nogi techniques.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    MTS is probably the best value info asset wise. I'd pick up the Advanced Mastering the rubberguard book next and then the mastering the twister book (personal preference there only). Good luck!

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by gcjbr View Post
    SO, you guys know how Brazil is, right? Thanks to BJJ mentality here we still have no 10th Planet school, which is very stupid.

I've been training BJJ for 11 years now. I'm a BTT brown belt, but all my training is traditional bjj, which means even after all that time I don't even know how to attack a fucking heel hook. You can imagine how stupid that felt when I visite 10th Planet Amsterdam to train with my brother Gustavo and saw kids with 2 weeks of jiu jitsu doing heel hooks better than me.

So I want to learn the system, but am alone. I'm teaching a no gi class where I train and I also have a private mat where I give private classes. I also use some 10P stuff I learned on my own, mainly the rubber guard and the truck.

My question would be: is there a method, curriculum or source material from where I can start learning the system? My plan is to practice it with my private students until I feel comfortable enough to teach at the class.

Hopefully this will help people here to open their mind about new stuff.

What part of Brazil are you in? If youre in Sao Paulo, the guys at Alliance play heel hooks. When I was visiting Fabio Gurgel taught a slick sweep to honey hole(it was 2 days before ADCC though)! My gf Fabiana visits all the time and they're very welcoming of her!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12