Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta

Gi guy here.... my experience traveling to 10th Planet Decatur

Ok so I train in Atlanta at Alliance HQ..... ha the attitude about 10th Planet by most of the guys here is pretty gross. A stuck up kind of pretentious attitude. Everyday on the mats here we have World champs training so the people here have kind of developed this holier than though attitude that turns me off to tell you the truth.....anyway Ive been playing with alot of 10th planets stuff for awhile and guys give me shit for it ofcourse. I have never trained at a 10th planet school and Ive always wanted to so I decided to make the drive this past weekend to go check out Brandon at Decatur, he just so happened to be holding a workshop on the lockdown and stuff from there which is what im working.

Awesome group of guys up there and Brandon was an awesome instructor. Breaks down the techniques well and explains theory, overall a great style of teaching. I really wish i had about 6 weeks to train with those guys and it would boost my game and help me fix alot of things im putting together just by watching video here. I look forward to making it out there again and expanding my game and plan on making my way to Cali with them to compete at the gracie nationals.

You 10th planet guys keep doing your thing and fuck the haters!
    Last edited by jeremysurratt; 04-17-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    For a little success story there is another purple belt here that I cant pass his guard to save my life....Ive trained with the guy for a year and can count on one hand how many times ive passed his beastly guard....since Ive been working the electric chair ive passed his guard twice off the sweep! Once in the stoner control position and once in the regular cradle. People are starting to respect my electric chair sweep! Ha and I transitioned to the truck and did a crotch ripper on a guy that usually gives me a super hard roll.

Ive been obsessed for the past month drilling everyday and im getting good results already.
    Last edited by jeremysurratt; 04-17-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Dude, that's awesome. Decatur is truly a phenomenal place to train. I really can't wait to get back out there for the weekend that Eddie does his seminar. Hopefully you'll be there so we can roll!

One thing though: who's Brian?

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    Oh ill for sure be making it out to the Eddie Seminar

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It's incredibly exciting and validating for me to have good guys from places like Alliance come through and have a positive experience.

It was a genuine pleasure to have you stop in. You are 100% welcome here anytime, as are your teammates. Even the ones who hate us. They'll be treated with equal respect.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    I love these threads of 10th Planet infiltration into big gyms like Alliance Atlanta. A purple no less.

Times are changing. Beautiful!

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    Infiltration indeed..... Ive already got guys asking me to show them what im doing with the electric chair and the transitions to the truck. The cool thing about jiu jitsu is if it works it works...people will have no choice but to respect it when they feel it

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    I really like what Eddie has been doing with your warm up system as well. I think its a super efficient way to get the numbers in on staple techniques. If you guys keep putting in the numbers with that stuff I really think you are going to start to do alot more damage on the competition circuit. I know the nogi worlds doesnt quite fit the rule system you guys are after but i would love to see Eddie put out the word to all of your schools to make the goal of attacking that competition with as many guys as possible.

You get a few guys winning and hitting the podium consistently at the Nogi worlds and Nogi pans its going to shut up alot of people.

Array

School
    Alliance HQ Atlanta
    What Eddie did at M3 was pretty major...he showed alot of people that the wacky shit he does works. He really did create jiu jitsu history with that match. I think as time passes people will see that match as more important than his first win. It all came at a perfect time as well bc it seems like he is trimming the fat off the system and sharpening it up. Awesome stuff...thank you Eddie for going out there and doing that man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    Great to hear people are becoming more open minded. Brandon, thank you for being an awesome representative!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast