Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport

Do you even do rings bro?

I'm not very good at these yet but training to do muscle ups on the rings is making me much stronger.
    My grip strength has improved significantly.

Is anyone else incorporating ring training into their game?
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I might be able to do half of one.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    wish i had rings ��

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I'm on the rings almost everyday. Great functional strength building tool.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    i just started using them, they rip you up. not to hate but i dont get the whole swinging thing with muscle ups or pull ups. i would rather use my muscles. yeah its a lot harder but i would think you would benefit more from it. just my two sents. keep up the good work!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    i just started using them, they rip you up. not to hate but i dont get the whole swinging thing with muscle ups or pull ups. i would rather use my muscles. yeah its a lot harder but i would think you would benefit more from it. just my two sents. keep up the good work!
    The idea behind the kip, is to use more of your body to do the exercise. Idk which way is better, but both work in their own way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I use rings and a couple other grip attachments for pull-ups from IronMind. I have to be careful because too much pull-ups gives me shoulder issues.

Array

School
    The kip up is new to me, I haven't ever worked on the rings before. I am a bootcamp instructor and the other half of our gym is CrossFit. I like some of the stuff they do over there, mostly I like to go and mess around on the bars and the rings. The Muscle Up is a new thing for me both on the bars and the rings.
    It took me about 3 weeks to get them both after trying a few times every day. Doing more pull ups have really increased my strength and size in the shoulders.

In my garage I use my gi belts as training equipment. This is another exercise I like to do, I swing too but it's so I can extend my back out and up. The swinging just helps the exercise flow, I suppose I could do each rep individually but I like to have some fun while I do it too.

I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.

Array

School
    I have 10% disability from the Air Force where I injured my AC joint in my shoulder. Sleeping is a problem and my shoulders are always bothering me. I have found that the more I have done pullups and hanging exercises, the more my shoulder pain has decreased!
    I feel like I have strengthened up all the muscles surrounding the injury and I feel better personally.
    Also, I have been taking ZMA (Zinc, magnesium)at night because I have been pushing myself a lot lately and I have found that helps for both recovery and sleep too!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    A couple of weeks ago I did my first ring workout and my chest was hurting for a week after lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast