Gustafsson, TKO rnd 2

Undercard

Nam Phan, Decision

Ross Pearson, Decision

Njokuani, KO rnd 2

Stun Gun, decision

Prelims

Volkmann, Decision

Won't even bother picking between Riddle and Ramos, LOL.

Diego Nunes, submission round3.

The reason I'm picking Brock: This is MMA not K1. And while winning K1 is impressive, guys like Badr Hari don't succeed in MMA for a reason. It's a different sport. So, yes, if the fight stays standing, Overeem takes it. But I don't think Brock is that stupid. The fight goes to the ground. You don't combat a lifetime of wrestling with some supplementary wrestling and training a sprawl for a few weeks. On top of this, in MMA, the only noteworthy opponent that Overeem has beaten since 2006 is Werdum...and that was a shitty performance. It also showed that Reem's gas tank is questionable.

That being said, Brock holds him down in round 1. Depletes his gas tank. Overeem will be too tired to use speed and his power will be a bit more sapped. Round 2, Brock wears him down adding heavy punches to the mix. Round 3, Reem is exausted. Brock takes him to the ground with ease. Mount. Punches. Katagatame.

The only thing that changes this prediction is if Overeem lands one good shot. I just don't think he'll be able to land it.

Reason for Cerrone: He's just more skilled than Nate, but Nate's never been KO/TKO'd. Cerrone beats him nicely, but takes it the distance.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    Anything can happen with any of these fights except one. You can guarantee Jon Fitch will win by a decision. That is fact.. not opinion. No stoppage, no KO, no submission. Fitch by snore festival 3 5 min rounds I want 15 minutes of my life back decision.
    Yeah I picked Fitch because Fitch is gonna Fitch. But Hendricks is no joke and is the best wrestler that Fitch has faced since GSP and we see how that turned out for him. That's one thing I can say, hasn't really faced the top wrestlers in his division. But then again, better wrestler doesn't always mean better MMA fighter. Hendricks might be able to pull it off and I'll be rooting for him. He's got TKO power and great wrestling. But in the end, I got Fitch Fitching out another Fitchy Fitching.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys watching Fitch fight eventhough I know it will end in decision
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys watching Fitch fight eventhough I know it will end in decision
    Hendricks was a three time NCAA champ who likes to brawl, it's possible he makes it a stand up battle.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Hendricks was a three time NCAA champ who likes to brawl, it's possible he makes it a stand up battle.
    I like Hendricks, its just hard to bet against Fitch. Be interesting if Hendricks does keep Fitch out of his comfort zone and either puts him on his back or it turns into a stand up battle
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    Brock by Twister first round. Diaz by blunt stoppage round 2.Hendricks by samurai blaster to ninja choke round 2.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I'm the only Fitch fan I know. Not sure why nobody enjoys watching high level grappling....sure its not Eddie or Marcelo, but watching his control on the ground is jaw dropping to me....of course, I'm the only Kos fan I know too. Maybe there is a trend there

I've done a bunch of media leading up to this fight, and from our polls, we see that many MMA fans are calling for Reem to win, while most pro's are taking Lesnar. Eddie's breakdown/pick for the main event will also be up on BJPenn.com shortly

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wright View Post
    I'm the only Fitch fan I know. Not sure why nobody enjoys watching high level grappling....sure its not Eddie or Marcelo, but watching his control on the ground is jaw dropping to me....of course, I'm the only Kos fan I know too. Maybe there is a trend there
    Jaw dropping? I mean, hey, entertainment is all subjective, but you definitely hold a rare opinion. Even fans of the ground game hate when they see a wrestler at a tourney stall out the clock. Impressive? That's stretching it a bit. But jaw dropping? LOOOOOOL. But hey man, if that's what you like, enjoy it. I for one hope that Hendricks beats his ass. I'm picking Fitch, but Hendricks has some viable tools to make it competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by GMathewsMMA View Post
    I've done a bunch of media leading up to this fight, and from our polls, we see that many MMA fans are calling for Reem to win, while most pro's are taking Lesnar. Eddie's breakdown/pick for the main event will also be up on BJPenn.com shortly
    Nice. I'm looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast