Array

School
    Cornerstone BJJ

Hi. I am about a month into BJJ. Which vids should I start with to supplement my trai

training? Thanks for the tips.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    1 month isn't much time. I'd exhaust your instructors resources before searching elsewhere.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Scott's answer is pretty solid. I see your a pro member already though, I would start watching mts from the beginning, taking your time moving though it if your going to pick one thing other than your coaches in person. It has way more structure here than just randomly picking something on youtube and all the material here is well vetted and tested rather than possibly just some guy putting out some crazyness on youtube. Early in on your training, it can sometimes be hard the difference too, so I would go MTS starting at episode 1 since it sounds like your craving to watch something.

Most importantly keep showing up to class consistently and get the matt time on drilling, rolling, everything available.

Have fun!

Array

School
    Cornerstone BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Scott's answer is pretty solid. I see your a pro member already though, I would start watching mts from the beginning, taking your time moving though it if your going to pick one thing other than your coaches in person. It has way more structure here than just randomly picking something on youtube and all the material here is well vetted and tested rather than possibly just some guy putting out some crazyness on youtube. Early in on your training, it can sometimes be hard the difference too, so I would go MTS starting at episode 1 since it sounds like your craving to watch something.

Most importantly keep showing up to class consistently and get the matt time on drilling, rolling, everything available.

Have fun!
    Yea man cool. I just want to watch some vids in my free time. Cheers for the tips.

Check out MTS 71 "The Bravo Breakdown" that one is legendary

Also a newer one 114 "The Tentacle" was amazing maybe my favorite... it's half Twister Side Control smashing and half Eric Ramey leg attacks. Ramey is leading the 10P leg lock game right now he is amazing

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington
    I learnt a lot from watching the Mastering the Twister DVD. I was able to incorporate some of the moves into my training, and learnt how effective the lock down is for example. By watching the DVD it helped me to understand some of the terminology and foundations of the system. From there I found that there was a local 10th Planet that I could get to. From starting there I found out about the warm up videos, and those really help to give you a lot positions, submissions, and escapes.

However, before I started the above I started to train MMA and No Gi grappling for a few months, so I was familiar to the rule set of BJJ. Learning why you're doing something is the first step I think. Once you know what's going on you can see the pathways to getting the moves to work for you much more clearer. It's always taught "Position before submission" but you really need to know "Why you're in that position".

I hope that helps you out a little and gives you a window into how I started and got into 10th Planet.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    I know when starting BJJ your super excited and wanna indulge in anything you can to help yourself get better. I've seen a lot of guys that absorb themselves in BJJ when first starting out tend to burn themselves out fast. Good advice has been offered in this thread, just take caution on going on a BBJ binge. Just keep showing up to class.

As Brian and Scott both said above, 1 month isn't much time in training, and the best bet right now would be to simply learn from your instructor. I understand wanting to get as good as possible as fast as possible, but you should have an understanding of the fundamental basics, before you can jump into learning the new stuff. Flooding your mind with advanced techniques before you even understand basic techniques can actually be a hindrance to your progress.

If you insist on doing extra curricular, I would recommend checking out the Gracie Combatives, but keep it fundamental for now. Not to sound corny, but you need to be able to walk before you can run, and watching videos of people running marathons wont help much if you cant even stand yet.

Good Luck

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    I started with 10p techniques as soon as I started training BJJ at a traditional gi school. Primarily rubberguard at first. If you have the flexibility for it, you can immediately start working with that system. The rubberguard DVD is fantastic and a great place to start.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Focus on the warm ups
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie