Array

School
    Anywhere.

need some tips on my side control bottom

so, tonight I was told that my friend was working with my old kickboxing coach on Jiu Jitsu tonight, so I went. Though I'm pretty rusty, I haven't gotten a good roll since April. My friend is a decent grappler, he has been doing jiu jitsu for a year or less, but he has been wrestling since he was 12 over something. I was confident going in, but then I was told we were doing drills, and my conditioning is in the works right now. I'm already dead from running and lifiting today. So I got to go against one of my other friends destroyed him 3 times in a minute and a half. Got some good sweeps, an armbar, and a triangle.

Then I go against a wrestler, who has 40-50 pounds on me, kid man handled me. He isn't amazingly good, but he killed me. I got pissed, Then we had to do some kicking drills, I was gassed to shit.

THEN I finally got to go against my wrestler friend, I got destroyed. The drill was take down drills, and I wasn't allowed to sprawl or defend. Every time he got to side control. And that is like my weakest place. He had the underhook under my leg so I couldn't turn into him, and it was impossible to get the jail break. So my question is, what kind of defense do we got for that?

there's like a scissor armbar that you could do from there by turning into him and hooking the ankle on the foot he's holding, onto his neck and throwing the other leg over his head hooking it under your knee OR you could push off his hips with the hand closest to his hips, making yourself parallel to him and throwing the leg he's hooking over his head for the triangle. If you wanted to just escape the position, you could roll backwards over your head to your knees and then turning into him to attack him while he's turtling. This is just what I do when that happens.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    quite simple actually, 1st join your right thigh to your right elbow to block a possible hook, 2nd half roll over left shoulder , 3rd push off left foot & left hand, 4th half turtle roll to over the shoulder guard, theres a quick sweep from there, they have a quick double under pass if your guard is slow, but a quick guard will give you a easy regain under arm pits, rember to always be thinking

Array

School
    Luling MMA / Cedar Creek MMA / Dojo Kyle
    I jail break off the side of their face sometimes you can slip into a reverse triangle off it too.