Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gamble View Post
    I love both of these guards. But both of them have problems especially in nogi. Rat guard is pretty difficult to control if the opponent has their arms in, due to the nature of the position it can be difficult to keep their posture down and they protect themselves from the hip bump, unless you quickly go for the wrestlers switch. I have stopped really going for Williams guard/London in Nogi, it's too hard to control especially when the opponent knows the cartwheel pass. There are counters of course, but the main problem with the nogi counters imo is that they rely on the opponent's timing and not your own. I have to concede (begrudgingly ) that Chill dog is far better for nogi than London/Williams Guard.

Also if your interested, I realize i'm a nobody but I have explored and studied these positions quite a bit, to the point where I would be very suprised if I saw something new from either position...

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12...-post-2650585/

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12...-post-2845273/

dope video.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    I use both.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    I never stopped using London.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    What do you use to stop the cartwheel? Or do you just use london en route to another position? Last time I used london, I used it to hold my leg in place while I cleared the neck because my leg curls were weak sauce.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'm using London more than ever. That Williams Guard DVD was fabulous. Some of the counters he showed to the cartwheel were perfect.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    I think Nino Schembri was the first guy I saw playing this type of guard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12