Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Yeah That's my point. Groin stretches are legal. My other points is that you can kneebar from there. But as long as it's all stretch, it's legal. I'm surprised more people don't use them.

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    I would just be careful of the knee bar if you're under Brown belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne & Perth Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baldwin View Post
    My thoughts are that the organization using the rules should make sure they understand them, not 'their interpretation' of them. Often they just grab a random Brown or Black belt and ask him to Ref. My experience is that regardless of the belt rank most "coaches and competitors" don't know the rules.
    You hit the nail on the head Jeff! If the time was taken to read and understand the rules this could be prevented for the most part, however everyone is human and mistakes can be made, I have witnessed excellent referees make seemingly ameteur errors. There is so much going on during a grappling match it must take great deal of skill, understanding of the grappling arts and knowledge of the rules to referee a match. I take my hat off to those involved :-)

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Noormets View Post
    You hit the nail on the head Jeff! If the time was taken to read and understand the rules this could be prevented for the most part, however everyone is human and mistakes can be made, I have witnessed excellent referees make seemingly ameteur errors. There is so much going on during a grappling match it must take great deal of skill, understanding of the grappling arts and knowledge of the rules to referee a match. I take my hat off to those involved :-)
    I've had Coaches pull me aside and ask me my belt rank because they think they're right and I'm wrong. I just told them, "go to the Head Table and complain the Head Referee, I have matches to run."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12