Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

UFC 145 Results - Jon Jones' Next Opponent Confirmed: Dan Henderson

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/22...-dan-henderson

In the wake of the UFC 145 main event that saw Jon Jones dominate Rashad Evans en route to a unanimous decision title defense, the obvious question was "who's next?" Dana White confirmed that at the post-fight press conference.

Ariel Helwani tweeted out the news:
    @arielhelwani
    Ariel Helwani
    Dana confirms Hendo is next for Jones.

Dan Henderson is coming off an amazing win in his last fight against Mauricio Rua. That fight was one of the best in the history of the UFC and was just the latest in a string of great wins for Henderson that included going up to heavyweight and knocking out the great Fedor Emelianenko.

Henderson has been waiting patiently for his title show and now he'll get what he wanted and take on the best fighter in the sport. Can he pull off the huge upset and cement his spot as one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I dont see it happening but theres always a chance of an H BOMB! I would love to see Hendo get that UFC gold..but my psychic abilities wont allow it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    H bomb is his only chance but unlikely. Maybe Hendo knows something I don't, but my guess is if the much faster Rashad couldn't land a bomb, Hendo will have a much harder time. Personally, I see this being an easier fight for Jones than machida and rashad. The last title contender IMO before the division is wiped out is gustafsson.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    H bomb is his only chance but unlikely. Maybe Hendo knows something I don't, but my guess is if the much faster Rashad couldn't land a bomb, Hendo will have a much harder time. Personally, I see this being an easier fight for Jones than machida and rashad. The last title contender IMO before the division is wiped out is gustafsson.
    I agree..Maybe its time for Jones to bump up to HW like hes talked about in the past
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Hope Hendo beats his ass

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Jones will not lose until he moves up to Heavyweight!!!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I agree..Maybe its time for Jones to bump up to HW like hes talked about in the past
    He actually asked Dana to have a HW fight after Rashad but Dana said not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Koh View Post
    Hope Hendo beats his ass
    Yeah, everyone's been hoping for that for a while. People just have to accept that it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Jones will not lose until he moves up to Heavyweight!!!
    I agree. I think his first couple fights he'll be ok. But once he gets to the top level and much heavier guys, I don't think he'll do too well.

Sam Sales

If/when he does go up to HW they should start him of with a guy like Schaub or Herman. Guys weighing in at under 240, at least while he is bulking up a bit more anyway. Just don't see any more challenges for Jones in the LHW division. I think after he fights Gustaffsson (assuming Gustaffson wins another fight whilst Jones is fighting Hendo) then he will move up for a fight at HW. Hendo will be an easier fight for Jones than Rampage was, and i see it going down pretty much the same way tbh. :-)

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Talk of JBJ moving up to HW is going to last for a quite a while longer before it becomes a reality. Just like Anderson Silva "cleaned out" his division years ago but only had a few fights at LHW but never made the move up permanently & never went for the title. The UFC always finds a new contender to hype up to keep the champ comfortable in their natural weight class & its hard for the champ to walk away from the "easy" money.

JBJ will dominate at LHW until 2013 when he finally moves up to take the HW title. He's tall enough for HW - he will still have the longest reach, and probably weighs 225 between fights so needs to put on what? 20 pounds or so of muscle? Considering he's only 24 & will be guided by the Jackson camp to put the weight on right (not in a rush like Frank Mir did) that sounds very do-able to me.

JBJ HW champ in 2013 - fact.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sioda View Post
    Talk of JBJ moving up to HW is going to last for a quite a while longer before it becomes a reality. Just like Anderson Silva "cleaned out" his division years ago but only had a few fights at LHW but never made the move up permanently & never went for the title. The UFC always finds a new contender to hype up to keep the champ comfortable in their natural weight class & its hard for the champ to walk away from the "easy" money.

JBJ will dominate at LHW until 2013 when he finally moves up to take the HW title. He's tall enough for HW - he will still have the longest reach, and probably weighs 225 between fights so needs to put on what? 20 pounds or so of muscle? Considering he's only 24 & will be guided by the Jackson camp to put the weight on right (not in a rush like Frank Mir did) that sounds very do-able to me.

JBJ HW champ in 2013 - fact.
    That's a bold statement. I'm a big Jones fan. Ever since I saw his debut in the UFC I knew he could become champ with the right training. IDK how he'll handle the big boys. Then again, the last 2 HW champs are under 250lbs. So who knows? You may be right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast