Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    just his patience impresses me. I need to emulate some of that. Chill a little more instead of trying to force something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Do you think Leo will compete in adcc again?
    Ummm, maybe so. When they hugged after the match Leo said something like "these young guys wore me out this year." Leo really only does ADCC as far as tourneys go, and it's been that way for a while now.

So at first guess Id say maybe no. But then again Leo told Kid Peligro that he actually felt pretty comfortable not having to cut weight, and that he was surprised at how natural it felt for him at 77k. Leo is still one of the best at takedowns, passing, and guillotines in any regard. He took Claudio Calasans' back, and Claudio is a solid pick as arguably the top guy at Medio or 77k besides Marcelo. Leo is older, but took out Enrico Cocco, JT Torres, and Claudio Calasans. That's amazing. I think he has the wind in his sails to compete again in 2013. But if he does again at 77k, which would be likely, Claudio Calasans, Victor Estima, Kron Gracie, and Murilo Santana are all going to be toss ups for Finalists. And Davi Ramos...Davi Ramos could absolutely give anyone, including Marcelo Garcia a run for their money in ADCC rules. That guy is basically a slightly less scary, more versatile version of Palharres/Toquinho.

That said I think Marcelo no-gi is still going to take the 2013 ADCC crown, but after that I see him slowing down, with age, injuries, and the most stacked division starting to catch up. I would love to be wrong on that though. I also think he'll win the Worlds this year again, but that's not as safe a bet as 2013 ADCC.
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 04-27-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Maybe it was the wrong choice of words for a fan as distinquished as yourself. What I saw was one person on top of the mountain beat a man who has been there. And he was comfortable with it. Call it whatever.

Please post any pivotal matches. We love that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Maybe it was the wrong choice of words for a fan as distinquished as yourself. What I saw was one person on top of the mountain beat a man who has been there. And he was comfortable with it. Call it whatever.

Please post any pivotal matches. We love that shit.
    I'm not distinguished. I was just surprised at the choice of words, considering Marcelo and Leo both won their first ADCC the same year (2003.) They both were "on top of the mountain" at the same time. I realize it probably sounded dickish, but I genuinely didn't mean it to come off like that.

Here are some good matches from Marcelo when he really came into god mode in 2007. These are his four 77k matches.

Marcelo's 1st at guillotine on the ADCC white mats
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 04-28-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quarter finals
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 04-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Semi finals

For the gold! Also the first NS choke by Marcelo at ADCC

Unfortunately his 4 Absolute matches from 07 aren't online, but he north-south choked Mario Miranda, armpit armlocked Rolles Gracie from butterfly, RNC'd Cacareco, and then fought Robert Drysdale for the Absolute Gold.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Good thread.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Good thread Bobby. Mike knows his shit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast