Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bad coaches...

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    His apology seems a bit half assed, but what are you suppose to say when someone calls you out... atleast he owned up to it.
    I doubt he told his students.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Oh I fully agree with that statement, I'm just saying that atleast he isn't turning this into a long drawn out thing... or trying to go deeper in with lies, going the "No, they must have misunderstood what I had said... I said that I got my black belt from a guy that trained with Eddie, and emphasizes a lot of 10th Planet Techniques." Causing us all to loop through and look into his BS.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Makes me happy feels like some right came out of it. I doubt he told his student whatever at least its been documented and admitted too in case its a problem in the future again.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    Mr. Littell,
    I did misrepresent myself prior to your phone call September of last year. Since then I corrected the issue (or so I thought). I apologize to the 10th planet community the coaches and Eddie Bravo himself for my misrepresentation. I do not wish to offer an explanation as there is no excuse other than this should have never happened.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Brent Littell <checkuroil@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello.

My name is Brent Littell and I'm a tenth planet black belt. On an Internet forum someone stated that you were representing yourself as a tenth planet black belt. Now, we both know Internet forums are highly unreliable, so i was hoping you could help me clear this up.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
    So do you think this guy did what anyone would have done and googled "Brent Littell"? Probably starting out thinking, "who is this guy and who does he think questioning me"? Then saw ALL of the links to the different videos, blogs, and bios and shit himself. Thanks MR. Littell for keeping the community in check!

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I just sent them a message on their website. It said:

"Hi. I am mostly interested in the grappling aspects of training, particularly BJJ. Do you mind if I ask who your BJJ instructors are, and who they trained under? I have heard that makes all the difference. Thanks!"

Can't wait to see if they name Eddie.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Evans View Post
    I just sent them a message on their website. It said:

"Hi. I am mostly interested in the grappling aspects of training, particularly BJJ. Do you mind if I ask who your BJJ instructors are, and who they trained under? I have heard that makes all the difference. Thanks!"

Can't wait to see if they name Eddie.

Their full response: "We are just a group of guys that get together and learn from one another." Not exactly a complete answer, lol

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Their full response: "We are just a group of guys that get together and learn from one another." Not exactly a complete answer, lol
    Answers every question I could have.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    ^+1

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Their full response: "We are just a group of guys that get together and learn from one another."
    I love how it went from, "I am a certified 10th Planet instructor," to the statement above. Does he get a little bit of slack for being honest about misrepresenting himself when confronted?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    I love how it went from, "I am a certified 10th Planet instructor," to the statement above. Does he get a little bit of slack for being honest about misrepresenting himself when confronted?
    Just enough... but I'm sure that after checking into his lie and realizing that Eddie has only awarded a Black Belt to very few people, AND being confronted by one of those blackbelts... you don't have too much wiggle room to lie.

On the flipside of that coin...

He could have said something like, they must have misunderstood me... and go down another stretch of lies...

The fact that he owned up to him, redeems him SLIGHTLY, but will forever put an asterisk next to his name and his schools/team's name.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast