Thread: Tap cancer out!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Tap cancer out!

The Tap cancer out tournement was today, 10th planet hartford went to it. Congrats to our coach Mike Seabrook for winning first place going 2-0 for the day winning by a submission and points(The person Mike beat wants to join 10th planet now haha), Ken Markwat for going 1-1 and placing 2nd in his division, Jason Thingpen went 2-1 winning 1 match by submission and the other by points placing 2nd. Congrats to all of them, and I had to go in the adults divison because there was no kids or teens. I only had 1 match with some guy who had atleast 5 years on me and was bigger. My match started out with him kind of pushing me around using his stregnth, I shot in for a single leg takedown switched to a double leg and got him to the ground. He recovered guard very quick, and went up for a triangle. I escaped his triangle and we ended up scarmbling then I went back for a heel hook and might of been able to finish but i remember there were so many rules on leglocks and i did not want to get disqualified so i let go. He got on top of me in full mount and i shrimped out and got him in half guard. I threw on the lockdown and got the whip up, as i went to sweep him i got sloppy and he caught me in a darce and tapped me out. I was dissapointed in my loss because I was repping 10th planet and went 0-1 for the day but later on I did realize that he was alot bigger, older, and stronger then me. This loss is gonna motivate me to train harder though.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Awesome! We rep.TCO pretty hard at the school here. Congratulations to all who fought. Just remember Emir, every loss is simply a lesson in what requires more reps. I myself get caught quite often in that exact same position and I've lost at leaset 5 matches to the same darce setup. I'm proud as hell of you for giving it your best brotha!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    I'm super proud of everyone who competed yesterday. 10th Planet was represented very well . Well put Tony, losses are nothing more than opportunities for improvement. You did great Emir and I'm super happy you stepped up and competed with 1 week's notice.

Good job!
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Awesome work!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Thanks guys!

Mike Seabrook aka The Koala aka Babmi legs aka The Columbian Collar

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Columbian Collar ....is that a new one?