Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Butler View Post
    hey guys,
    Been a while since i shared a story so i thought u guys would get a kick out of this shit. So recently i was awarded my Blue belt from Eddie Bravo. I live in a small town in Alaska Called Fairbanks. I train at a gym Called Frostbite Valetudo who is taught by a Marcelo Alonso brown belt. We will call him, "Jeff".

So on Friday I attended a Marcelo Alonso seminar because i train at this gym. After the seminar Marcelo pulls me to the side and begins to ask me ?'s about where i learned Bjj and who i am ranked under. I explained to him that I was ranked under Eddie Bravo. He tells me that I am doing a great job and I should keep it up.

The next day i run into a buddy of mine who trains with me and is a blue belt under Marcelo, He tells me that the brown belt coach at the gym i train at (who i twister-ed while rolling about a week ago, made me happy) after i talked to Marcelo was talking shit saying that I shouldn't be a blue belt and that none of the 10th planet shit works on him or his students ever. he also when i roll with his students coaches the guys i roll with to get out of my pussy 10th planet guard and work there game.

I pay gym dues at this gym, I have been nothing but nice to this dude, who is actually dating my sister, and everyone else in the gym loves me. I don't understand how someone could be so disrespectful to me and the system i love. I will continue to use "Pussy 10th planet moves" to tap him and his students.

I am also going to be documenting all of this bullshit i go through at the gym on video and making a monthly episode of the highlights.
    It comes with the territory. They talk shit cause they are scared. In time things will disappear and people will get used to it. Keep doing your shit and your skills will do the talking for you. Keep repping and congrats on your blue.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I had a similar situation where one of our head instructors was constantly coaching guys against me any time I'd pull RG or lockdown. It used to piss me off to no end, but I realized after a year of this shit that all it was REALLY doing was making me better. My guard and half guard are where I really shine now and I owe it all to him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    We should really see pics of the sister in order to further advise.
    +2

Array

School
    HQ
    I also train under a Marcelo Alonso Brown Belt here in New Hamphshire. Fortunately, he's been nothing but supportive of my use of the 10th planet system. He says a person should play to their strengths and that a guy with good leg dexterity should utilize the lockdown game. If I want to play the rubber guard game, even better, more tools in my arsenal. He even taught me a twister setup from a arm triangle inside someone's halfguard.

I'll ask my instructor if he know's your "Jeff".

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The funny thing about all the hate! Is Eddie is a 2nd degree Black Belt under Jean Jacques Machado!!! One of (if not top two) the most respected Instructor in the world!!! Who's their instructor? It makes me laugh!

Jean Jacques........mother fuckers!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    It's ridiculous dude, if a 10th Planet White Belt with one month of experience loses in a tournament, then 10TH PLANET JJ SUCKS and DOESN'T WORK... its a crock of crap. If you don't know/learn/work on 10th planet techniques then you are gonna fall behind.

That same dude that bad mouthed you is gonna get pwned with some 10th Planet Technique down the road.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    It's ridiculous dude, if a 10th Planet White Belt with one month of experience loses in a tournament, then 10TH PLANET JJ SUCKS and DOESN'T WORK... its a crock of crap. If you don't know/learn/work on 10th planet techniques then you are gonna fall behind.

That same dude that bad mouthed you is gonna get pwned with some 10th Planet Technique down the road.
    Seriously. It's such an illogical statement fueled by just straight ignorant hate. If losing in a tourney shows the ineffectiveness of a system, then BJJ doesn't work since BJJ gets beat often. The proof is there. 10th planet works. The rest is up to the practitioner. A good style doesn't automatically equal success.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    There is only one way to handle this situation. Alpha him. If he was just some asshole instructor I'd say "typical, ignore it". Not this time, and here is why...

He's dating your sister. I rest my case.

You have to beat his ass. There is no other way. If not he will potentially disrespect you for the rest of your life. You have to settle it with him. Don't let yourself get bullied. Just scrap it out. Win or lose, he will stop singling you out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    my son Rion has trained with many different brown and black belt bjj instructors

they dont even know 10th planet moves, they dont even know how to coach him when he is using 10th planet moves

that is why they bad mouth it and coach against it, because it is stuff they dont even know themselves

if there bjj instructor taught them rubber guard, twister etc as they were coming up in the ranks then it wouldnt be a issue, but because there instructor didnt know the moves and they were never taught the moves then it must not work

i say learn from everyone, everything you can, use what you like and throw away what you dont like

"make it your own" thats jiu jitsu

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    i say learn from everyone, everything you can, use what you like and throw away what you dont like

"make it your own" thats jiu jitsu
    This is my philosophy.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast