Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough

Medical marijuana for kids ?

Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

hmmm i cant watch the vid at work but idk man...im not so sure young children should be consuming a mind altering substance regardless of its health blowbacks (or lack thereof in this case). I mean the alternative FDA drug (a real "drug") is prolly harsher though. Idk man this is an interesting topic.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    No. Bad. Terrible for developing brains. It blocks cannabinoid receptors, and we don't even fully know how they work in the brain, just that they are important. Further, you can't put a developing brain in an altered state regularly and not expect it to screw up how think down the road. Adults can occasionally lose their minds when they first try a new drug, especially hallucinogens, and while cannabis is less severe, it is actually considered to have minor hallucinogenic properties. Then there are carcinogens and the general effect of consuming this in whatever method they used (smoke, hot vapors, digestion). Then there is how is will effect their personality growing up (after having been in altered states far too early.

This is bad for the cannabis movement

Array

School
    Easton
    The following Penn & Teller Episode on the War on Drugs, @ time 18:00. Harvard medical professor gives his child with cancer joints to smoke, cures his sickness from chemo and fixes appetite. This is an extreme case where the child's quality of life was at stake.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    I think you guys should watch the video first before just dismissing it. Here's a kid dying from cancer and his body being destroyed by regular medicine. Not sure how helping cure him or ease his pain while dying would ever be a bad idea.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Leavelle View Post
    I think you guys should watch the video first before just dismissing it. Here's a kid dying from cancer and his body being destroyed by regular medicine. Not sure how helping cure him or ease his pain while dying would ever be a bad idea.
    Mmm hmm...my thoughts exactly. He's not gonna grow up to experience potential side effects, he's DYING...let the kid toke up.

Dude i hate to be so cold hearted but idk, he is pain and dying, with no hope........just let him go. I guess its easy to say behind a keyboard but jeez some people aren't meant to live. I'm really really not trying to be be a dick but i mean thats life its sad and it happens. I wish there was a way the little dude could get better.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Dude i hate to be so cold hearted but idk, he is pain and dying, with no hope........just let him go. I guess its easy to say behind a keyboard but jeez some people aren't meant to live. I'm really really not trying to be be a dick but i mean thats life its sad and it happens. I wish there was a way the little dude could get better.

I thought in the end of the video they said he did get better....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    I thought in the end of the video they said he did get better....
    O well if there is hope then that's different, unfortunately i cant watch the vid at work. The context i received was that it wasn't gonna work out and the child wasn't going to make it. If there is a glimmer of hope then obviously you fight till your dying breath to save the dude. Lol i just don't want anyone to get confused and think I'm a baby killer.

Array

School
    no school in the area
    If you know what you are doing and have done your own research, it can certainly also use by young children in a low dose. Today I had my chemotherapy couple of weeks ago i met this kid his name is erik and he's 10 years old and has the Same disease as I have, i was talking to his parents about pain control, they are surprised that i could walk that well. Because erik sits in a wheelchair because of leg pain,
    So I asked have you ever thought of hemp oil or hemp tea. They had talked to the doctors about it but they were very against it! Today i saw erik for the first time walk into the hospital. Hey drinks weed every morning weedtea with lemonade. And the pain scale is down from a big 10 to a 5 .
    Today erik's parents had to tell the doctors. I., so excited still waiting for that call ,erik mother will keeps me posted !
    Isn't this an amazing story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast