Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Which one of eddies books should I buy?

Which is the best book for an introduction to the 10the planet system?

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    i first bought jiu jitsu unleashed. and it made me very comfortable from half guard when i took my first class. but that book is kind of labeled as the one where the man was keeping eddie down and didn't give him control over his own book. so in my opinion, mastering the rubberguard is the best one for an introduction. great detail and colored pictures. again, starts with the lockdown and half guard.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    The great thing about "Mastering the Rubber Guard" is that covers a lot of stuff that people don't normally associate with the Rubber Guard. 2/3 of the book covers Half Guard, Spider Web and Butterfly Guard. Even if you don't have flexibility or you're uncomfortable grabbing your leg for any reason at all, there's a lot to learn from the book.

The same can be said of "Mastering the Twister"'. Since that book teaches the top game, there's no grabbing the leg at all...which is the main thing people think of when you say you practice Rubber Guard or 10th Planet JJ. Both books are good, but "Mastering the Rubber Guard" is definitely the best place to start.

And just think, if you spend the next year or 2 learning those books, you'll only have to wait another year or two after that until Eddie releases the "Advanced Rubber Guard" book

Array

School
    no school in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    Which is the best book for an introduction to the 10the planet system?
    There is only one option all of them !

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    I wouldn't start with Jiujitsu Unleashed. I read them all & if I remember right everything in that book has been put into the newer books & some of the techniques have evolved since then.

Mastering the Rubber Guard I'd say is my 1st choice - it comes in DVD also. The DVDs are simply awesome & are still something I reference on the regular.

Mastering the Twister is also really amazing & complements MTRG (each book has a flow chart & the 2 charts connect). You'll need both to get a full picture of the basic system.