Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood

How can i convince my mom?

When i go train with Scott einstein, I can only train for around 1 hour because my mom has to wait for me to finish. I rarely get a chance to roll with other people and I told her that she can leave because Scott will give me a ride home. But she flips out and tells me that she can't trust him because it's late at night and doesn't know him. I don't want her to wait for me because I already know she's stressed out from work, but I also want to train more because there's no point in learning techniques if I can't roll with people

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Koh View Post
    When i go train with Scott einstein, I can only train for around 1 hour because my mom has to wait for me to finish. I rarely get a chance to roll with other people and I told her that she can leave because Scott will give me a ride home. But she flips out and tells me that she can't trust him because it's late at night and doesn't know him. I don't want her to wait for me because I already know she's stressed out from work, but I also want to train more because there's no point in learning techniques if I can't roll with people
    Introduce her to him gain her trust
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Take her to a family therapist who is really a professional hypnotist that you've paid ahead of time to hypnotize her into to leaving you there longer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Dude it's fucking Scott Einstein Epstein how much safer do you have to be in West LA. Tell her fact like he's a pro fighter and can read War and Peace in three hours... in complete darkness.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    i already did

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Introduce her to him gain her trust
    Sounds like a good start.

Communication is important, young brother. Parents react to sincerity more than whining/complaining. Not saying you do that, but most younger people tend to have that habit. Just tell her that this is your biggest passion. You want to get better. Ask her what compromise you guys can make. Can she come later? Even if it's only a half hour. Can you negotiate something with her? Extra chores? Learn how to cook your own meals so she doesn't have to? I don't know if you're a momma's boy, but maybe bribe her with a foot rub. Haha.

Simply put, talk it out with her. Paint a clear picture for her that this is more than a hobby for you (I'm guessing it is, right?) Parents usually love their kids and want to see them happy. Be sincere and try to work something out with her.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Sounds like a good start.

Communication is important, young brother. Parents react to sincerity more than whining/complaining. Not saying you do that, but most younger people tend to have that habit. Just tell her that this is your biggest passion. You want to get better. Ask her what compromise you guys can make. Can she come later? Even if it's only a half hour. Can you negotiate something with her? Extra chores? Learn how to cook your own meals so she doesn't have to? I don't know if you're a momma's boy, but maybe bribe her with a foot rub. Haha.

Simply put, talk it out with her. Paint a clear picture for her that this is more than a hobby for you (I'm guessing it is, right?) Parents usually love their kids and want to see them happy. Be sincere and try to work something out with her.
    She said maybe like way later. I live 3.9 miles from 10th planet west l.a so it is time consuming and costs some decent gas money for my mom. But as of right now, she told me she'll just give me a ride.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Whisper Einstein is not dangerous in her ear while she is asleep. Hopefully she wont hear it as Einstein is insane to us or Einstein is so fabulous. That could cause some more issues

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Koh View Post
    She said maybe like way later. I live 3.9 miles from 10th planet west l.a so it is time consuming and costs some decent gas money for my mom. But as of right now, she told me she'll just give me a ride.
    3.9 miles? I guess things are different out there. That's like a 5 minute drive around my parts. Traffic must be nuts out there.

3.9 minutes is only12-15 minutes on a bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast