Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal

10th Planet at Tristar?

I recently took a step back from training. After much thought, I realized that, I needed a break. There are several reasons (or excuses) for the decision, which I won't get into now, but I feel like all of us have gone or will go through this at some point. That's the bad news...

The good news is... I'm back. In a big way. I have been given an incredible opportunity. I was offered a couple of weeks ago to live and train at Tristar here in Montreal. For those of you who don't know, Tristar is the real deal when it comes to Mixed Martial Arts. The coaches and fighters here are world class. I moved into the Tristar Dorms yesterday. Everyone here is really welcoming. The dorms are basically like living on The Ultimate Fighter with total freedom and no competition, but it never ends, the cast is constantly changing with new or familiar fighter faces from around the world and it's nothing like a mansion (it's a dorm). One room can have an amateur up and comer and the next room can be one of the best professional fighters in the sport. It's fighters from all over the world with the same goal of becoming the best. I share this goal with them. I will always feel like it is my duty and responsibility to represent 10th Planet the best I can, and living and training everyday with the best will certainly help me achieve this. For example, already today I learned three great details on techniques from a couple of my new roomies. I'm confident I will soak up loads of knowledge to help me when I compete. I would love to try some Combat JJ and here is where I can begin to develop my ground and pound. Most importantly I will be living in the gym, this gives me the ability to train my ass off. One of the reasons for taking a break was the plateau I was reaching in my training. It was hard to find the motivation when it came to training even harder then I already was. Here at the dorms it is just normal to train. Training is all they do here so grabbing a sparring partner, or joining a wrestling private or class at any time of day is well... normal. It is also gold when you need to focus on training on your own time. The point is I'm very happy about this new opportunity in my life long grapple to the top of this Jiu Jitsu mountain.

Here's the interesting part... Somehow through Chill Dog Media http://vimeo.com/chilldogmedia I managed to get the offer to film the dorms and life of this crazy gym. I'm in the Lions Den basically and it's my job to film them for everyone to see. Apparently the videos I have made these past couple of years were appreciated. I film and photograph MMA promotions here in Quebec, I also film other combat training and competition. I also film a street magician, mentalist and hypnotist David Lion http://www.youtube.com/user/LionismTV check him out he's an awesome entertainer and great friend of mine. Anyway, my hobby has turned into a gig, I'm at the dorms to film these guys. Somehow I am now Tristar's filmaker as well as 10th Planets.

In closing I'd like to say that 10th Planet has given me all this incredible opportunity, it has made me who I am today. I'm very excited to, not only bridge the gap between our amazing system and Tristar's, but to become the best ambassador I can be for 10th Planet wherever my grappling career takes me. Please follow me while I jump head first into the hardest training of my life. I can't wait to share everything I learn with you guys. I will keep everyone here updated and informed on any developments or content I create immediately. I love all you guys, wish me luck, I'll need it. Being out of shape with these sharks is going to be brutal but worth every ache and pain along the way.

Fruits and Vegetables.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    What an amazing opportunity! Best of luck to you, man. Keep us all posted on how things are going for you.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    sayin Fruits and Vegetables at the end is legit. Good Luck brother and post vids or pics as soon as u can

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    What an amazing opportunity! Best of luck to you, man. Keep us all posted on how things are going for you.
    This right here!!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Awesome congrats

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Damn dude that's so badass. Best of luck to you my man. How cool would it be to see tristar guys adding some 10th planet to their training?

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    I hope they embrace the techniques. It's hard to convince guys here that half guard and full guard are still good for MMA. They mostly try to get to there feet and on top here. I'm sure I will find a few guys who love it and plenty who hate it. Either way I won't give up trying to get them to play with it more.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    wow thats awesome good luck

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Awesome opportunity, Enjoy this new phase in your journey.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    I hope they embrace the techniques. It's hard to convince guys here that half guard and full guard are still good for MMA. They mostly try to get to there feet and on top here. I'm sure I will find a few guys who love it and plenty who hate it. Either way I won't give up trying to get them to play with it more.
    Well, our half guard game has tons of options to get back on top or get to your feet. I'm sure they'd love the path to dog fight, for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast