Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    red river bjj wichita falls texas

Lockdown defence - scorpion

Tried to find a thread about this but could not so sorry if its already out there.

Thoughts on this move? i haven't tried it out at all yet..

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    yeah sure it could work but i reckon id just pull my leg up and then stretch him out again, though usually im not even streching him out, means u have the strech out as an extra defense whn he starts getting crazy. and sory but that tourniment video, the guy didnt have it properly in. im keen to give it a go and comeback but i reckon no it wont work anywhere near as well as he thinks.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    It should work. I post my leg once I have escaped the lockdown though. I like Marcelo Garcia's counters to the lockdown better. Erik Paulson's counters to the lockdown are also legit, but very mean.

Hes on to something but i think there is a slight variation in his foot work that would work better.

On the opposite side of the spectrum I think if the guy on bottom "booted" his feet better it would pose more of a problem. That's not to say that it renders the guard break invalid, i just think if you are going to teach something that the other person should have good technique. Ya dig?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It is not difficult to swing out of a shitty lockdown.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    I use this often.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    That's a pretty standard lockdown escape. It's how I do it. It works. Like anything else, it's a battle if the guy knows what he's doing.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    People that try to reach back and play with my lockdown usually get wrapped up into a head and arm grip. I've yet to successfully turn it into a sweep but at least I keep them away from my legs while regaining control of their upper body.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Check out MTS 33 around the 50 minute mark. Eddie uses this to unlock the lockdown in transition to an arm triangle.

Array

School
    blank
    totally legit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast