Array

School
    Arlans Siqueira Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Distance Learning Tips

Hi guys,

I am interested in getting some words of wisdom from the guy that have learnt 10th Planet JJ via books & video and without access to any 10pJJ blue,purple,brown,black belts.

Cheers

Enzo

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Study the techniques in the books and videos carefully so you can get in the gym and rep the moves step by step. Find someone to rep those moves with. Be confident in your technique, if you get shut down find out what you're doing wrong and fix it. Also, stick to a string of a few techniques at a time, if you do too much at once your technique won't be as tight.
    Also don't totally forget about the BJJ basics, sometimes you can get lost in the 10th planet techniques that you've been studying and forget to use what your instructors have taught. I stay a step ahead by integrating 10th planet into my BJJ. I'm only a blue belt but it's helping me a lot to know both.

Array

School
    Pedro bessa, cardiff, wales.
    I find mentally repping the techniques can also help alot if your struggling with training partners. Visualize the move in your head like the water boy.

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    dstolf said it best! Hey dstolf, u have people you drill 10thplanet with. I'm a student at a local bjj club in the area, and looking for someone to help with repping the system out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    For a beginner I would say a real live person is best, hands done. For a beginner to learn through distance learning is a bad option, you don't get the contact you need, if someone learns by video and never has to option of sparring and doing application. If no one is there to correct anything bad before it becomes habit you could develop some serious problems. It may be harder to train with a live instructor, but it is best for a beginner.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    All I know about bjj is from Ari on youtube and MTRB and the mts vids. I am still working mostly halfguard and see myself doing that till I am confident enough to pull halfguard and work my game from there. I feel the vids are very good if you want to learn aslong as you have someone to rep the techs with