Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    I just watched the fight on a quick study break and thought it was awesome! The fact that it went to a decision will lead people to say that its 'same old GSP', but I really think that he was pushing the pace a lot more than past fights, trying to be calculated, but not toooo calculated as he has been in past fights. He was aggressive, he was attacking, and he was constantly trying to pass the guard and be agressive on top, but I think the decision is more a testament of how tough Condit was. He was never looking for an easy way out and was constantly pushing the pace and going for submissions, retaining his guard, and trying to be aggressive and offensive. I was really impressed and would love to see Condit get his rematch with Kampmann now that he has finally been slowed down by someone on that impressive run he put together.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    This over and over again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bodmon View Post
    I just watched the fight on a quick study break and thought it was awesome! The fact that it went to a decision will lead people to say that its 'same old GSP', but I really think that he was pushing the pace a lot more than past fights, trying to be calculated, but not toooo calculated as he has been in past fights. He was aggressive, he was attacking, and he was constantly trying to pass the guard and be agressive on top, but I think the decision is more a testament of how tough Condit was. He was never looking for an easy way out and was constantly pushing the pace and going for submissions, retaining his guard, and trying to be aggressive and offensive. I was really impressed and would love to see Condit get his rematch with Kampmann now that he has finally been slowed down by someone on that impressive run he put together.
    +1

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I enjoyed the fight. I wouldn't say it's the same ol GSP. He was a lot more aggressive. He passed guard often. Condit just recovered guard often. He dropped plenty of punches both standing and on the ground. Plenty of elbows. Thing is, he's a smart fighter. He'd win the stand up game until Condit found his rhythm. Then, when he felt the momentum switching in the stand up, he'd get the take down. It was a genius strategy. I think GSP wanted to finish. But Condit's only been finished 3 times. Only by submission. And he's grown a lot in 6 years. So you can't blame GSP on this one.

I think it was a great fight and guys are giving GSP a hard time for no reason. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the anticlimactic feel when GSP got his last take down. You knew nothing was gonna happen and it was officially going to decision. Other than that it was a great fight and great performance by both guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    GSP did seem upset with himself at the end of the fight thats all I'm saying. I liked that near the end of the fight you can see him really doing his best to finish it, but Carlos just wasn't going to let that happen. In my opinion the fight was fuckin' awesome!! Lots of action on both sides, my heart nearly dropped when GSP took that shin to the head! Much respect for the heart of those two insane athletes.

Array

School
    Roberto Traven
    Ok so the question I am wondering is Silva v. GSP or Hendricks v. GSP? Which comes next?

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Hutch View Post
    Ok so the question I am wondering is Silva v. GSP or Hendricks v. GSP? Which comes next?
    I'd like to see the Hendricks fight personally, I think the GSP/Silva fight is a bad matchup for GSP.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    GSP is a smart enough person to NOT keep that fight standing and GSP is a much better wrestler than Chael.
    PErsonally I think it's even, Chael's power double and suplex slams are nasty (what he did to Okami and Nate) I will say it sucked he couldn't get the takedown on Silva Round II of the second fight (which led to the ill decided spinning backfist) but between the two of them it's close (St Pierre even said at the post conferance he didn't think his wrestling was like Chaels).

That being said, amazing fight, Condit put up a much greater battle on the ground than HArdy did, and that kick had me worried (I took the 3-to-1 odds bet on Condit for kicks no pun intended so that either way I'd feel happy, but I'm glad St Pierre pulled it out).

GSP's use of effective grappling to dominate a fight is the closest thing in modern MMA to Royce Gracie in the early days. I was really impressed w/his ability to control from top position as always, but actually more impressed w/how he managed to defend himself from his back & regain his senses after getting cracked in the 3rd. Always read about how he's a sponge when it comes to picking up techniques, but never saw him have to scramble from his back before. A lot of guys w/awesome top games are worthless on their backs (hi Brock Lesnar & Dan Henderson).

His MMA grappling is by far the most complete in the game. Smoothest transitions from striking to take-down in the sport. I remember Chael Sonnen having trouble getting Bisping down in parts of their fight b/c Bisping decided to offensively grapple w/him on the feet. That never happens to GSP b/c his strikes are so technically sharp (though lack some in power department) no one ever feels comfortable enough to clinch w/him. Once he has his guy down, the round is pretty much over. Plus he never gasses. Not always what fans of slobber knocking are into, but it's a beautiful thing if you know what to look for.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I enjoyed the fight. I wouldn't say it's the same ol GSP. He was a lot more aggressive. He passed guard often. Condit just recovered guard often. He dropped plenty of punches both standing and on the ground. Plenty of elbows. Thing is, he's a smart fighter. He'd win the stand up game until Condit found his rhythm. Then, when he felt the momentum switching in the stand up, he'd get the take down. It was a genius strategy. I think GSP wanted to finish. But Condit's only been finished 3 times. Only by submission. And he's grown a lot in 6 years. So you can't blame GSP on this one.

I think it was a great fight and guys are giving GSP a hard time for no reason. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the anticlimactic feel when GSP got his last take down. You knew nothing was gonna happen and it was officially going to decision. Other than that it was a great fight and great performance by both guys.
    Agree 100% :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast